• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper motor and keyed 12v source

subforry

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Does the wiper motor on a '66 Charger have key on "run" 12v even with the wipers are off? I have been reading many posts, but not finding a definitive answer. Also my car is in pieces so I can test it out. Thanks.

Yes they have a hot wire being off, used for the parking circuit to make them spin in opposite direction up to park. But this wire stops to get power when wipers are on.

If you are thinking on get power from there, no, that’s not a correct source to get keyed power. The only place to get keyed power is at ballast blue wire but also will depends on what are you trying to source, because while cranking, this wire stops to being sourced from ign key (althought will get power from the other side of ballast, but on a lower voltage rate)

So yes and no. That explains why I was having problems figuring it out. Thanks.

I need a keyed source for electric choke and electric fan relay. I have new wiring harnesses and am hoping to keep things stock looking and with as little hacking as possible. I do have a Pertronix distributor and high voltage coil. I plan to jump the terminals at the ballast resistor, again with the idea of keeping things stock looking.

Auto Transport Service
Back