• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIRING FROM STARTER RELAY TO STARTER? Help!

Something nobody ever mentions much is the Ammeter, I want you to think about something. How many amps is your ammeter made for (the stock 40-50 amps) what are you putting threw it now? Like he said ALL of the current has to go threw it for it to be accurate, fire hazard if you ask me. Don't like them won't use them, voltmeters are a far better and a safer alternative plus you can plug them into virtually any 12V wire and your done.

I followed the advice of Mark Hamilton who owns Mad Electric (madelectric.com)--and bypassed the amp gauge--as he puts it: "The factory amp gauge has turned many Mopar drivers into pedestrians". He recommends bypassing it and installing a volt meter.

Sorry took so long, my computer was down..life in the country.
Anyway here is the powe block I use when adding stereos or battery into the trunk.
Handy thing to have, fed right of the Alt.
AL

Attachments

• march charger 006.jpg
    march charger 006.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 174
Sorry took so long, my computer was down..life in the country.
Anyway here is the powe block I use when adding stereos or battery into the trunk.
Handy thing to have, fed right of the Alt.
AL

That looks nice and neat--can I assume the blue wire leaving the power block is the same one going to your positive battery post?

Yes all 4 gauge, from the alt to the power block, then from there to the battery and also from there to the trunk for the stereo, with same size grounds from battery to frame and from engine to frame.
The nice thing about these as well is the extra smaller bolts that surround the main bolt for other items.
AL

sssssssssssssssssssssss
Yes all 4 gauge, from the alt to the power block, then from there to the battery and also from there to the trunk for the stereo, with same size grounds from battery to frame and from engine to frame.
The nice thing about these as well is the extra smaller bolts that surround the main bolt for other items.
AL

This is GREAT info--THANKS!!!

I would think I'm also bypassing the voltage regulator; not a good thing?

with the jumper wire between alt STUD and starter relay/batt you are not bypassing the regulator. Regulator is sourced from ign key.

What you can't do is feed the alternator PRONGS with jumper wires, UNLESS you REALLY KNOW what actually are you doing.

That can bypass the regulator depending which charging system you have ( elct or mech ) and which prong are you jumping, which is not a good thing. You can damage the batt if bypass it for long time, or blown some bulbs, clsuter voltage limiter or gauges, fry the ECU ( if equipped ), or overheat the coil if for long time

Auto Transport Service
Back