• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With Stinger Fiberglass now seemingly gone, what company makes the best glass hoods?

AAR scoop on my '63, slightly modded, but fit, and looks good, from Carlisle years ago. Wish they still Vended there...

0731232018.jpg

From AAR or from Larry? Had asked when you got the lousy crap from him earlier in the thread. The AAR stuff I had years ago was great.
Slither lips Larry. Everything that I’ve ever gotten from AAR is top notch.

Last edited:
Sliver lips Larry. Everything that I’ve ever gotten from AAR is top notch.
But how long ago was it that you got the crap from Larry? I'd like to know since I'm contemplating on buying some stuff pretty soon and if it was recently, I won't do it....

But how long ago was it that you got the crap from Larry? I'd like to know since I'm contemplating on buying some stuff pretty soon and if it was recently, I won't do
That would have been all of 5 years ago now. I don’t doubt that he has built some decent stuff over the years although I’ve never seen it. But one thing is for sure. A tiger never changes his stripes.

That would have been all of 5 years ago now. I don’t doubt that he has built some decent stuff over the years although I’ve never seen it. But one thing is for sure. A tiger never changes his stripes.
I'm sure if he starts making crap again, we'll hear about it real quick. Hope I'm not one of them lol. The hood I mentioned that I got from Unlimited Products was/is crap but it's usable and actually stayed on the car at over 100mph after I reinforced the leading edge. It also fit into the 'rat rod' look before rat rod became popular. Yeah, my car was half primer, bare metal and lots of other things but it went 7 rounds one night for the win. It pissed off several that night LOL

I got this hood and scoop from AAR/Stinger. It required NOTHING. All I did was prep it and mount the scoop. AAR told me that they are looking for another company to build their product / not taking orders at this time. Hoping they partner up with another company soon and continue with this quality. Personally I’d shoot them an email for an update.

View attachment 1516058View attachment 1516059
That's a nice looking hood. I will try AAR again. Thanks.

I’m fortunate enough, I think, to have one of the steel 65 hemi scoops made by the guy in Peru. I didn’t buy the scoop; it came with the car when I bought the unfinished project.

IMG_1729.jpeg

Well, AAR and Sled are still out of business. I contacted both of them with no return call. Are there any other fiberglass outfits around. I am looking to convert my 70 RR to a Superbird. I am have NO LUCK!! :(

Well, AAR and Sled are still out of business. I contacted both of them with no return call. Are there any other fiberglass outfits around. I am looking to convert my 70 RR to a Superbird. I am have NO LUCK!! :(
Larry from Sled City finally closed his doors? I've heard a lot of people say he has/had good products but have heard many more say he sold junk and then blamed the buyer for their problems. Have you checked his Facebook page lately? I haven't lately but last time I did, it seemed to be pretty dead.....

I'm sure if he starts making crap again, we'll hear about it real quick. Hope I'm not one of them lol. The hood I mentioned that I got from Unlimited Products was/is crap but it's usable and actually stayed on the car at over 100mph after I reinforced the leading edge. It also fit into the 'rat rod' look before rat rod became popular. Yeah, my car was half primer, bare metal and lots of other things but it went 7 rounds one night for the win. It pissed off several that night LOL
The are not far from me but I have had nothing but problems with them.

I put a deposit down on them to build a hood.
When I came to pick it up it was awful finish and unusable.
They refused to return my deposit.

IMO it was always a red flag when a company wants 100% deposit on regular items without even a firm commitment for a completion date.

IMO it was always a red flag when a company wants 100% deposit on regular items without even a firm commitment for a completion date.
Seeing the products at the Nationals for a few years gave me the willies. I could see right there and then that the hoods, and scoops were wack out of shape and poor bonding. Stinger/AAR on the other hand were works of art. Pretty much ready to wear right there and then. Too bad they closed their doors for what seems to be a strange reason.

I spoke with them post closure. Little added up, and of course they have their right to privacy. In the back of my mind it seemed like they won the lottery and wanted out of the hassle of running a business.
In that conversation all their equipment/molds were up for sale as a lot, and they seemed to be in no hurry.
And yes, their product was top notch, their customer relations a bit lackadaisical at times.

Gents, I just received a call from AAR Fiberglass. They are going to restart the business in November and only work on Mopar items. The company had a problem with finding good employees. I know that issue first hand. I placed an order with him.

Good news for us, and rather bizarre addition to a seemingly never-ending story.
Have they moved or did they keep their building they had up for dale?

I used to do electrical work in a couple of boat factories.

layin' glass as a full time job ain't for everyone.

Auto Transport Service
Back