• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW, post 1968 Charger RT

gtx6970

Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Ok, Its not mine but I built it about 8-10 years ago or so.
Real 1968 Charger RT, real 440, 4psd dana car. Based on body color we found under the window channels , trunk lip etc etc I can guarantee its a real Real EE1 blue 440 4spd dana car, black interior was changed to white. But no build sheet or fender tag to back that up. So its my word only.

Car had a good bit of sheetmetal replaced. Quarters, trunk floor, extensions. rear valance and corner caps. Parts of the floorpans , right side of the firewall and entire upper cowl. All done by me and done right , as least to the best of my abilities. Final body work and paint was done by a professional. A lot of effort was put into it to get the color as close to correct and the car as straight as possible

Entire driveline is also 1968, just not numbers matching to this car , Mild mannered built pump gas ( premium only ) friendly 440 , real 18 spline hemi 4spd, 4.10 dana , all new interior top to bottom, every wire in the car is new M+H
Bottom side was painted single stage EE1 blue, Nice, but not as nice as the top side of the car. It was done more as a protectant as opposed to undercoating. Welded in Frame rail connectors were installed as well . Upgraded to power steering and Front power disc brakes.

Far far to much to list here but basically every nut and bolt on this car was touched over the course of about 3 years .

Its NOT perfect But wins awards and will knock your socks off pretty much anywhere the owner takes it.

Owner has decided he wants something a little more practical / easier to drive, Think nice B body conv with working air would be nice

So this one is going to go up for sale. And he's trying to come up with a real world value to sell. not advertise it for the next 2 years

he has a number in mind , as do I. But these numbers arent the same.

So, What say the masses

charlies.jpg

charlies-car.jpg

20171006_114928.jpg

20171006_114935.jpg

20171006_115003.jpg

20171006_115856.jpg

20171006_141722.jpg

20170925_171218.jpg

Last edited:
The way the car market currently is using fentanyl like crazy apparently. Id say that car is worth the play boy mansion in Price. But I true real world it's worth what someone will pay. I them listed for 70-95k constantly in Wisconsin in that condition. To me I can't even justify paying 40k for any car but.... I'm realist and think people are insane but it is cheaper to buy a car done than to restore one these days

“All done by me and done right , as least to the best of my abilities.”

That doesn’t sound very comforting.

You and I have discussed pricing a few times, and my experience indicates you have a really good and realistic feel for the market. Without knowing the number, I would bet that your figure is probably the correct one.

“All done by me and done right , as least to the best of my abilities.”

That doesn’t sound very comforting.
Now that you say that.
And I read it again. I agree

I'll clarify.
The car is VERY nice. No shortcuts were taken at any point along the way.
I can be a bit of a perfectionist. And am my own worst critic.

That said. Is it perfect?
He'll no.
But is as nice as a car you can have and still drive it whenever wherever you want.

Ive been asked.

Define " not perfect "

So some examples as best I can remember.

The vertical grill bars should be silver. I tried multiple ways to get them silver and was not happy with any of them. So, all black it is.

Its missing the RT emblem in the grill. I couldn't find a really nice OEM . so we went with a repop. It broke a mounting pin the 1st time threading a nut down on it . So , it was left off

Glass shop did the front and rear glass and installed the trim. And in doing so I think put some small scratches in the lower corners near the rear glass. I couldnt find perfect trim and the corner pieces are not perfect. So maybe fit was a factor. It was touched up as best I could. But someone with a real close eye may catch it, maybe not. That said, The owner MIGHT have had that area sprayed to fix. SO I mention this with some reservation.

So as far as WARTS go so to speak, These are the worst ones I can remember.

Auto Transport Service
Back