• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woodward Avenue

I attended and raced at the very first Road kills at the stadium and cruised Woodward a few years until it became a watered down version of what it must have been years back in realness. Decoy cars were sent out to try and tease outta towners as myself to run. I never took the bait.
Started getting tickets and hard looks for parking and then watered down versions of Minivans ransacked the lanes. I was outta town indeed.

yeah, i went the second year in my FFR cobra and people wanted $50 to park for a few minutes and go talk to a friend i saw... never went back
First 2 years were awesome, before the corporations started showing up. It's been a steady downhill slide into hell, since. Can't have anything nice....

I have not been to the formal cruise, nor do I have any desire. But several years ago I was up there visiting family/friends and several of us went to Woodward on the Thursday before the Cruise. Sat in lawn chairs hanging out along Woodward. It was very nice. Lots of cars out cruising and in parking lots, but not a zoo.

Example of mid morning on Saturday. Not a cool car crusin to be seen.

FB_IMG_1724004818620.jpg

I did finally get to talk to my friend Larry; he echoed much of what has been said here. Being an upbeat kind of guy, he opined that maybe the weather hurt things... but noted he left about 2:30 in the afternoon and went home to get a couple of things done before the party...

Auto Transport Service
Back