• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WTB 82209481 Mopar cruise control for jeep TJ

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
I know. Not a B body...but it's a Mopar.

We're talking about driving my TJ Wrangler from MD to key West for Christmas...but with my rebuilt legs, I need cruise control. Without it, my right ankle and calf just lock up. Big metal rod in my fibula + **** circulation = massive pain within about an hour...and it's an 18 hr drive.

This pn (82209481) was an accessory kit offered for the jeeps. It has the steering wheel controls, the vacuum accumulator, the throttle solenoid, and the overlay harness. If anyone is friendly with their local dealer (I've already contacted mine) and can see if anyone shows this in stock, that would be awesome! Or. If anyone has a TJ they're parting out...send me a note and I can discuss what I need. Thanks!

That kit was discontinued about 15 years ago.

yep, and my local dealer says nobody has any left, nationwide. It went to an -AB before going NS1 in 2010.

Was worth a shot.

I wish Mopar did what HD does - they have a "vintage parts" department/warehouse, where all the discontinued stuff goes instead of simply being discarded. Eventually it all gets bought, but for a good long time you can find those "unobtanium" pieces. For example, I found a brand new fuel tank for my 1998 Buell - factory painted - about ten years after they discontinued it.

Auto Transport Service
Back