• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year One

Mariposa Mike

Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble navigating the Year One website? I was trying to see if they had air shocks...to raise the rear of a 66 Charger I just acquired and I had one hell of a time finding the section on shocks and still don't know if they sell air shocks. For me...a terrible site to find parts but I'm not a good (read competent) computer guy. Tried calling them and gave up after being on hold for awhile. I'm going to need front shocks as well and some sway bar rubber parts but may look elsewhere if anyone has a suggestion.

PST is also a vendor here. You get 10% off for being an FBBO member

Why order something like air shocks from Year One. Walk into any NAPA or parts store in the area and walk out with them under your arm.

You make a good point about in store shopping but I reside in a mountain community and do a lot of on line buying due to no auto parts stores close to us. Except O'reillys and our store is not a good one to deal with. Most of the people working there are dumber than a rock. Nearest NAPA is 40miles.

I would check out Rock Auto, Summit, or Amazon before buying shocks at Year One.

Last edited:
NAPA has a good on line store and search. I find most parts there and then order them from my local store. You can order them to be shipped too.

One word: summit
Two words: good website.
My opinion only: I'd bet rock auto is cheaper, but I don't deal with ANY company where I can't speak to a human.
I use the phone, I call summit, I get what I want.

I think year one wouldn't be in the top ten of places I would look for air shocks.

I agree with you on being able to speak with someone. And I have had good experiences talking to Summit. Their shipping rates are a little high but sometimes worth it.

I agree with you on being able to speak with someone. And I have had good experiences talking to Summit. Their shipping rates are a little high but sometimes worth it.
YearOne shipping rates are out of this world, go with RockAuto

Easy fix. Buy enough on each order to get the free shipping. I don't think I've ever paid a dime for shipping from Summit.
My guess? Add a pair of front shocks, bingo! Free shipping!

Last edited:
I was a bit short of "free shipping" on an order, so I decided to add some spark plugs. I found the plugs I wanted were $2 ea cheaper than my local auto parts store..... so I bought every one they had in stock, 16 plugs. The savings in shipping paid for the plugs.

Year One prices are insane,and as stated the shipping is astronomical! I am guessing the get a cut on the shipping. I only buy from them when they have a part I need that no one else carries,sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Year One prices are insane,and as stated the shipping is astronomical! I am guessing the get a cut on the shipping. I only buy from them when they have a part I need that no one else carries,sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
especially the shipping extortion part
only necessities from there, stuff you can't find elsewhere
especially if you live on the other coast, it's nucken' futts'
Bingo - Tim Allen.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back