• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1958 DeSoto Firedome Convertible

57 & 58 Chrysler 300 'vert are my favorites of the fins. IMO the best soft top roofline ever, counter mirrored the fin angles.

Gotta' love them Desoto & Royal Lancers era
finned beauties, parade floats
you don't get a registration, you get a zip code :lol:

57 DeSoto Adventurer Convertible Hemi Black #1.jpg

57 Royal Lancer 500 Advert. #1.jpg

57 Royal Lancer 500 2 dr HT green & white.jpg

a cool concept, too bad it wasn't produced

57 Royal Lancer Truckster Concept.jpg

I remember calling for a scrapper in 68 to take my 57 DeSoto. (it was time)
Before they came I pulled the front bumper and hung it from the ceiling in my bedroom. (not easy):D

I bought a Black 300C for $350 in 1970. It had front side passenger damage that was not bad enough to stop it from being a driver. (fender and door damage).
A local yard had a 57 Winsor complete with no crash damage. I wanted it to fix my car and made a verbal deal with the yard to get the car the next weekend. When I showed up with a trailer the car was gone.:eek:
They said sorry but cars like that don't last long here because they have lots of metal in them.

Another brief story/note from the day was we had a local yard that sold 392hemis for $125 ea. They had many.

Auto Transport Service
Back