• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Fury: 318 Poly Build Journey

guardian1fox2

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I wanted to start a thread where I will post progress, updates, and the engine build as I go.

Recently got a 1962 Fury with a 318 poly and it runs great. However, I want to build out a 318 poly to install when this one finally wears out.

That being said I picked up a nice looking (and nice running) 318 poly out of a 1966 Charger for a steal. As of now…my plan is to build a stroker using Toth Performance stroker kit, cam, and send him my heads for work. Let’s see if that happens. Anyways, hope y’all enjoy. For start…here’s the engine in the back of my truck lol
IMG_0345.jpeg

Great project, I plan on doing a similar project for my 63 Fury eventually. I bought a Chrysler Power Windtunnel manifold for it when they first came out. Good luck.

This is a 390 Stroker using Toth parts. The thing is in a 64 Dodge wagon.
It's a runner.

IMG_2723.jpg

The intake is a Chrysler Power Dual Plane Wind Tunnel.
Try POLYSUPERPAC.COM out of Texas. It's been awhile I hope they are still around.
OR Toth Performance 724-290-2497 out of Pennsylvania.
The car isn't mine but I assure you it has a Edelbrock. Maybe a AVS2 650.
My buddy won't use anything but the Carter style AFB AVS on anything he drives.
He also owned a big body shop so I'm sure they mixed up as close to the factory red of 1964.
This is the car. I drove it. I will hold it's own against any Big Block.

IMG_2724.jpg

Not much of an update…but got it out of the back of my truck LOL. Wife had surgery last Friday, so have been focused on that…but everything is fine.

Got the kids to help me finally unload it and get it mounted on a stand. At first I thought I’d need a beefier stand…it was tilting…glad I bought grade 8 bolts lol. It seems really nice for a ‘66 if it is indeed original. I’ll prolly start pulling it apart this week.
IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0411.jpeg
IMG_0412.jpeg
IMG_0413.jpeg

I like to support the front with a 2x4 arrangement so it doesn't fall off the stand and support the crank/balancer.
Only photo I got. I grooved the wood to fit the balancer.It just supports the front. You also can use the pulley.

IMG_2801.jpg

Received an original 4 barrel poly intake. It’s crusty but I think it’ll clean up fine. Gonna maybe blast it and prime it when I get closer.

Spoke with Toth, ima try to get around to pulling the heads off this week coming, and get them off to him for rework.
IMG_0473.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back