• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury project

Status
Not open for further replies.

64Orange

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1964 Plymouth Sport Fury $5500

Reason for selling: I have too many cars and I need to thin the herd.
Care located: Newport Beach, CA (Orange county, Southern CA)

Factory 383 big block 4 speed car. Originally black exterior and red interior car.
Drivetrain:
Freshly rebuilt and dynoed 383. 416hp@5500rpm, 440 torque@4000rpm. Engine built with forged crank, rods, and pistons. 516 heads with hardened intake and exhaust valves, Isky rocker arms, Mopar purple camshaft (Duration 292/292, Lift .509/.509), Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holley Sniper EFI, TTi ceramic coated headers, MSD ready to run to distributor (plenty of receipts available). Still has break in oil inside. I turn the crank every week to keep valve springs from prematurely wearing.
K frame: upgraded to '66 K frame for better weight distribution. Also helps clear the headers
4 speed transmission professionally rebuilt. 70 aluminum bell housing. Transmission rebuilt to 1965 standard, no ball and trunion. Parts supplied by Passon Performance.
8 3/4 rearend from 1965. 3.23 open gear ratio. I have a 2.76 Sure Grip third member I was planning to install.

Suspension
Front: Stock upper and lower control arms rebuilt with Moog bushings. New KYB shocks. Standard 1.03" big block torsion bars.
Rear: Leaf springs are stock and worn out. New KYB shocks for the rear

Wheels & Tires
Front:14x6 Keystone 5 spoke wheels powder coated black with Cooper Cobra tires (P215/70R-14)0 miles on the tires (2 spare 14x6 wheels available if interested)
Rear: 15x7 Solid steel wheels powder coated black with Cooper Cobra tires 0 miles on the tires

Brakes
Front: Upgraded to '73 A body disc brakes in the front. Dual reservoir master cylinder. Need to be bled
Rear: Stock 10" drum brakes, need to rebuilt and bled.
New brake lines for all brakes.

Steering
Manual steering. Factory original.

Electrical
New Painless complete wiring harness with "powerbraid" covering. New in box.

Body
Car was built with the intention of being a daily driver so the body has bumps and bruises. Car was originally located in Virginia so it did have some rust problems. Rust has been mostly removed. Biggest area of rust damage is the rear lower quarter panels. I plugged the body trim holes because I wanted the body to be simplified. Performance unlimited fiberglass hood with performance unlimited Max Wedge style hood scoop. Original front and rear glass professionally installed with new gaskets. I have the glass, trim, and gasket for driver/passenger vent window. I have glass and window regulator for driver/passenger/rear windows. Tail lights and headlights included. Full front grille and headlight assembly available.

Over $35k invested in the car and I have receipts to go with it.

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Last edited:
Status