• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyball

Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
I'm searching for a restored 68 real roadrunner. I know...everyone is looking for one of those. I'm in the San Diego area but when I owned one, I lived in Pittsburgh, PA. Don't have a truckload of cash but I've seen some nice ones go for $20k to $30k. I am willing to travel anywhere to pick it up.

I've been unsuccessful in buying two on eBay as the reserve wasn't met...even contacted seller after bidding ended but called a day late..,someone else beat me. There was a beautiful one that was documented on this site...gold one...and I just contacted that talented builder but some other lucky driver beat me to that one.

any suggestions on how to find one would be helpful.

thanks all....great site...been reading and finally jumping in.

jim

Jim,
Great car, as that is on my wish list also for a couple of years down the road. Since it sounds like it's hard to buy one, I'd suggest that when you see one on ebay you like, contact the seller and try and buy it BEFORE the auction ends. If of course you haven't already tried that. Good luck!

I've been searching for a '68 all summer and haven't found one. I even posted wanted ads and had no replies. There aren't any nice ones in Pittsburgh for sale, that I know of. Our local b-body collector has a pretty nice '70 for sale for a good price that I'm considering but I know if I buy the '70 I'll find a '68 that won't be able to get.
Good luck. I hope you find one soon.

hello Jim from Peter in Virginia I bought the golden rotisserie chicken 1968 4-speed Road Runner if you are interested it i:hello2:s for sale I drove and road and inspected the car before purchase and it truly is awesome everything is redone everything restored car is mostly like new or better pM me if you want more information or a phone number to talk about it

There is a nice looking blue one in the STL craigslist. Been there for a few months. He was asking $22K .. now $17.5K

1968 road runner - $17500 (Ballwin mo)

00K0K_4ACKZ6GogMC_600x450.jpg

An all original muscle car from when steel and power was at its peak.all original interior b5blue.auto 727 tourqflight 383 both rebuilt for freshness not because they were bad.the only thing not original on the car is a set of old school craigers air shocks and carb all are new.it came factory with no power steering no power brakes no air just motor and trans geared to get busy.it still has its original quarters.trunk pan has pin holes but not to bad.there are a couple of spots on the body slight bubbling is started.frame is great no rot anywhere.car is a 7 out of 10.i want a 1968 charger is the only reason for selling.i have ten cars I take of my collection. phone is in the add

I think this is the same car
[h=2]1968 Roadrunner - $17500 (Ballwin)[/h]
00H0H_65QpA3yPVuY_600x450.jpg

1968 Plymouth Roadrunner

All original 1968 Roadrunner numbers matching 383 727 torque flight original interior in nice shape clean engine bay paint in driver conditions. Cash only no joy rides or tire kickers and I dont need help selling.

Green one

[h=2]1968 plymouth roadrunner - $22500 (Farmington)[/h]
01414_8ie1Dl97rb2_600x450.jpg

1968 Plymouth roadrunner

I am selling my original 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner coupe it's all original except the color. Has the original 383 big block. 3 speed 727 automatic trans! Runs and drives great! Lots of power!!! Original black interior. Factory wheels. New flow master exhaust sounds awesome. asking 22,500.00 o.b.o may except partial trade (no junk) Number in ad

Jim,
Great car, as that is on my wish list also for a couple of years down the road. Since it sounds like it's hard to buy one, I'd suggest that when you see one on ebay you like, contact the seller and try and buy it BEFORE the auction ends. If of course you haven't already tried that. Good luck!

Thanks 6t6. I hadn't tried that yet but I will once I see one on eBay again. I did end up as high bidder on one last week but the reserve wasn't met...contacted seller but I was hours too late....so close but so far.

thanks again and good luck when you're ready..

- - - Updated - - -

I've been searching for a '68 all summer and haven't found one. I even posted wanted ads and had no replies. There aren't any nice ones in Pittsburgh for sale, that I know of. Our local b-body collector has a pretty nice '70 for sale for a good price that I'm considering but I know if I buy the '70 I'll find a '68 that won't be able to get.
Good luck. I hope you find one soon.

Markrr....thanks for the reply....if someone is gracious enough to post one in this thread....it's mine...stay away...haha. I'm originally from Pittsburgh but now in San Diego otherwise known as paradise. I'm willing to make the trip anywhere for this car.

There is a nice looking blue one in the STL craigslist. Been there for a few months. He was asking $22K .. now $17.5K

1968 road runner - $17500 (Ballwin mo)

An all original muscle car from when steel and power was at its peak.all original interior b5blue.auto 727 tourqflight 383 both rebuilt for freshness not because they were bad.the only thing not original on the car is a set of old school craigers air shocks and carb all are new.it came factory with no power steering no power brakes no air just motor and trans geared to get busy.it still has its original quarters.trunk pan has pin holes but not to bad.there are a couple of spots on the body slight bubbling is started.frame is great no rot anywhere.car is a 7 out of 10.i want a 1968 charger is the only reason for selling.i have ten cars I take of my collection. phone is in the add

I think this is the same car
1968 Roadrunner - $17500 (Ballwin)

1968 Plymouth Roadrunner

All original 1968 Roadrunner numbers matching 383 727 torque flight original interior in nice shape clean engine bay paint in driver conditions. Cash only no joy rides or tire kickers and I dont need help selling.

Green one

1968 plymouth roadrunner - $22500 (Farmington)

1968 Plymouth roadrunner

I am selling my original 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner coupe it's all original except the color. Has the original 383 big block. 3 speed 727 automatic trans! Runs and drives great! Lots of power!!! Original black interior. Factory wheels. New flow master exhaust sounds awesome. asking 22,500.00 o.b.o may except partial trade (no junk) Number in ad[/QUOTE

Tallhair....thanks for the heads up on these two. The blue one scares me a little bit when the seller says there are "pin holes" in the trunk pan and "slight bubbling" on the body. Maybe I'm being too picky but I don't want a project car...I'm not as talented as most on this site. I did work on my RR back then but body work is something that I would only trust to someone who knows his/her stuff.

i really appreciate the post. Feel free to keep them coming if you see something. I check almost daily but I could miss "the one".

jim

Tallhair....thanks for the heads up on these two. The blue one scares me a little bit when the seller says there are "pin holes" in the trunk pan and "slight bubbling" on the body. Maybe I'm being too picky but I don't want a project car...I'm not as talented as most on this site. I did work on my RR back then but body work is something that I would only trust to someone who knows his/her stuff.

i really appreciate the post. Feel free to keep them coming if you see something. I check almost daily but I could miss "the one".

jim

I use list-alert. It finds those ads while i'm sleeping and delivers them to may mailbox.

http://www.list-alert.com/search/se...d=1&my_cat_id=14&my_state=MO&my_region_id=255

there are others that do the same thing

flyball there's another guy here named budnick it's not me {Budnicks} that is selling a nice looking green 68 RR for like $26k or something from Washington state, real name of Joe IIRC

flyball there's another guy here named budnick it's not me {Budnicks} that is selling a nice looking green 68 RR for like $26k or something from Washington state, real name of Joe IIRC

Thanks Budnicks....searched and found the post but I think it's sold . I did PM him to see and will post if anything shows up.

I do have a question for the group...see my new post.

If you would entertain a 69, Richard Cranium on here has just listed his A12 car. Nice and solid with a couple not original issues that are making it more affordable.

flyball have you searched cars on line there where a lot of 68 s for sale , are you just trying to make a purchase in your state do you mind traveling to make your purchase , do you mind having a company hauling your car across the coubtry

68 roadrunner

I'm searching for a restored 68 real roadrunner. I know...everyone is looking for one of those. I'm in the San Diego area but when I owned one, I lived in Pittsburgh, PA. Don't have a truckload of cash but I've seen some nice ones go for $20k to $30k. I am willing to travel anywhere to pick it up.

I've been unsuccessful in buying two on eBay as the reserve wasn't met...even contacted seller after bidding ended but called a day late..,someone else beat me. There was a beautiful one that was documented on this site...gold one...and I just contacted that talented builder but some other lucky driver beat me to that one.

any suggestions on how to find one would be helpful.

thanks all....great site...been reading and finally jumping in.

jim
I have a 68 sport sattelite that was cloned to a roadrunner and done very nice it is a real 383 numbers matching car all body panels are original and rust free very nice car im asking $17,500.00 if your interested.

Attachments

• RR 001.jpg
    RR 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 444
flyball have you searched cars on line there where a lot of 68 s for sale , are you just trying to make a purchase in your state do you mind traveling to make your purchase , do you mind having a company hauling your car across the coubtry

Snakeyes...yep..checked online and there are a number of them, some clones (not interested), some molested and some unfinished. Maybe I'm too picky. Some great ones that have been there a while in the $60k to $100k + range which is something out of my range. I've missed a few that have gone for mid $20k range that looked fantastic. Maybe I'm being too picky but, I've seen them go. The best one I've seen is the golden one documented on this site. Looks way better than the $100k ones but slightly over my limit. The lucky guy that did get it was kind enough to offer to sell but again, it's over my limit.

i am ok with heading to wherever the car is to seal the deal.

im looking for a real 68, sound mechanics, good body and paint, no real issues, maybe needs a little work to take it from a good car to a great car but one I wouldn't be Leary about having any one of you guys see in person and laugh at...if you know what I mean. Price...between $20k and $30k.

Appreciate your taking the time to help me out. Everyone on the site is really helpful....great to find this board.

jim

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 68 sport sattelite that was cloned to a roadrunner and done very nice it is a real 383 numbers matching car all body panels are original and rust free very nice car im asking $17,500.00 if your interested.

Thanks blackdemon but I'm looking for the real deal and not a clone. Nice looking car though and just what I'm looking for with no rust, matching numbers and original panels. You'll have no problem selling that one.

jim

- - - Updated - - -

If you would entertain a 69, Richard Cranium on here has just listed his A12 car. Nice and solid with a couple not original issues that are making it more affordable.

Hunt2elk...thanks, nice car and, it took me a couple minutes to translate his posting name, subtle and funny...good one.

It's gotta be a 68 such as the one I had (a tree hit it way back). RC did a great job with that car and it's likely as fast as it is good looking but...not the one.

thanks for helping...much appreciated.

jim

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice on this one? Just popped up on my radar AND, it's in my back yard here in San Diego...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4215831671.html

i did email the seller on Friday and he said he was out of town until Tuesday and that he can show it on Saturday or Sunday.

Questions are; do any of you see any red flags with the few photos, best questions to ask, it's only 20 some miles from my home so it could be too good to be true.

thanks all

jim

call him pick his brain if you want one like the one you hit a tree with post it up or tell everyone hear what it was ,never told to look at clone I said look there and see what they have to offer as a RR

Looks like a nice car and the price isn't bad if it is as solid as he states. The only thing not right from the pics I saw is that the trunk is not body color.

hey elk are you still nervous about the car or are you like a kid in a candy store.

Looks like a nice car and the price isn't bad if it is as solid as he states. The only thing not right from the pics I saw is that the trunk is not body color.
Just a quick glance, but the steering wheel is not right. No big deal in my book...........................MO

Just a quick glance, but the steering wheel is not right. No big deal in my book...........................MO

I wondered about that. All the little things make me nervous. I'm hoping I can see it in person since I'm in the same county.

Any other observations are appreciated. Thanks corn patch.

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back