• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 satellite supersports project

speedfreak

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
hey everybody :)

i'm from germany and I want to start a thread about buildung up my 68 sat with really fine ingredients.

the parts, I've got so far:
- a 68 satellite, really nice solid body as a basis
- a 572 hemi from indyheads :headbang:
- tti headers
- big aluminium radiator from beecool
- dana rear axle by moser engineering
- a complete front and rear suspension kit from rms with 12,9" wilwood discs in the front
- recaro bucket seats
- a manual 6 speed tremec magnum transmission kit from amercian powertrains
- body stiffennings (frame connectors) from xv-motorsports

the goal is a roadracer with lots of power to scare the crap out of the kids with the porsches around here on the autobahn. :headbang:
i know, a b-body will never be as agile as a 68 camaro or mustang, since it's way bigger. but my effort is to make the best out of it.

why do i start this topic? I want to get as many tipps and ideas from you, what you would suggest. there a re a lot of topics still untouched, such as the wheels-question, the paint, the dashboard (i just know, it will be something with round autometers (phantom II)) and all that...

let's see, what this project will turn oput to be.

as a start - here are some pics:View attachment 100461 vo rechts klein.jpgseite.jpgsoda2.jpgsoda5.jpg

here are some more pics from the progress...

incredibly solid body:
frontmaske.jpg

first modifications for the rms suspension in front:
rms front1.jpg

subframe connectors welded in:
subframe connectors.jpg

complete front suspension (without shocks), tti headers and 572hemi:
rms front und tti headers.jpg

dana read end and rms rear suspension:
moser dana60.jpg

572 fits in nicely:
572 anprobe.jpg

dana rear end:
rms rear and dana.jpg

pretty low suspension ;-) :
tief.jpg

testing the position of the recaro seats...

recaro.JPG

I'm happy for ideas and suggestions!
cheers, stefan.

Last edited:
Looks great so far. Are you considering trunk mounted fuel cell? That will show off the Dana to the guys breathing your exhaust fumes!

yes, I guess so.

any suggestions? I don't want to waste a lot of trunk space, since I'd love to carry a set of slicks for the 1/4 mile in the trunk...

Are you familiar with extreme velocity motorsports(xv motorsports)? You wanna get that thing to hang with the porsche's in the twisties, they have what you need.

Lookin' awesome so far! You'll be real happy with that 6 spd. The hydraulic clutch is an amazing up grade. Next to the EFI, we wish we would have done that years ago. Good luck on the build and keep posting pix.

Are you familiar with extreme velocity motorsports(xv motorsports)? You wanna get that thing to hang with the porsche's in the twisties, they have what you need.

yes i know them. but after reading a lot of stuff through the net, i decided for reilly motorsports and against xv and against magnumforce.
my speedshop recently tried to install an xv-kit (all aluminium) on a '65 mustang and was really disappointed... it was a typical "modify to fit" thing. Maybe, they're better on mopars, though, but pretty high priced.
overall I guess, RMS is a good choice in between those alternatives.

Cool build Stephan.. looks like you boys over in Deutschland don't play games when upgrading your Mopars. She should be laying down some Havoc on the autobahn's in no time! Have fun, take care.

Cool mopar. Are you going to paint it the same color as the inside? That color always goes great with those body styles.

hi and welcome to the site thats one very nice looking ride your working on , keep us updated ,thanks for sharing :headbang:

yes i know them. but after reading a lot of stuff through the net, i decided for reilly motorsports and against xv and against magnumforce.
my speedshop recently tried to install an xv-kit (all aluminium) on a '65 mustang and was really disappointed... it was a typical "modify to fit" thing. Maybe, they're better on mopars, though, but pretty high priced.
overall I guess, RMS is a good choice in between those alternatives.

Smart move, I have had nothing but problems with XV's customer service. I told them one time that I was going to leave a review on another mopar website and the guy called me an a-hole lol.

Cool mopar. Are you going to paint it the same color as the inside? That color always goes great with those body styles.

thanx. actually, the green will not be used in the project. the interior will be somewaht gray/black and about the exterior, i'm not sure at all yet.
i'm somewhat stuck between the bmw color "frozen grey", or the mercedes sls color "monza pearl", or just oil slick black or pure white...?

the car has to look mean, since it's going to be a beast. so i'm hapy for anny suggestions. :)

here's an update for you, folks.

the speed shop modified the floor, so the 6 speed manual transmission and the driveshaft can sit properly in the car... looks pretty good, so far.
:hello2:

tunnel neu.jpg

thanx. actually, the green will not be used in the project. the interior will be somewaht gray/black and about the exterior, i'm not sure at all yet.
i'm somewhat stuck between the bmw color "frozen grey", or the mercedes sls color "monza pearl", or just oil slick black or pure white...?

the car has to look mean, since it's going to be a beast. so i'm hapy for anny suggestions. :)

the frozen grey looks really good and would like great on your 68 but sounds like it's pretty HIGH MAINTENANCE black is always cool too.

Welcome to the site. Cool project you have going over there. Keep the pics coming on the progress.

I recommend the USCartool subframe connectors. Is the Tremec ready for purchase yet? Good luck with a nice build.

hello stefan,
car looks very nice! i have a question about those roof panel skin with the holes,are they handmade from the moparshop,or can you just buy them?grtz kev.

Auto Transport Service
Back