• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 b5 superbee

It will be a great ride when its finished, and i agree with Hemi Rebel "focus on one task to be performed, do that then move on to the next task, rather than try and look at the whole picture." That will make it a smoother less mind melting process turning it back into the beauty it once was.. Another project that only a true Mopar enthusiast could appreciate.. Good luck with it! :)

well, stay tuned for a rough ride. I'm fixing to butcher this pig....and I like learning the hard way....So sit back have a laugh and enjoy the show...I doubt anyone repairs them like this hehehe

Oh yeah, thanks for all the nice comments I appreciate it....

Good luck with the car. I almost headed down south to check it out. Of course both people that I talked to about it told me the rear rails were good. I would have been pretty upset driving 10 hours for a misrepresented car.
That said, B5 is my favorite color on a Bee. If mine was B5 with a B7 gut and the same options it would be the perfect car! But black is cool, too!
Happy welding!

Its funny your rear rails look in better shape then mine were but my trunk was no where near in that state of disrepair...its just weird how these things rust differently.

Either way, good luck with it, will be a killer car when done.

Holey hell, I hope you got it cheap !!, wow that's allot of rust, "everywhere"... Your far more ambitious than I am, good luck with that Rustoration Project...LOL... AMD will be on the phones Speed Dial... have fun, say good by to any free time & your bank account, in the near future... I'm truly sorry about the negativity, I couldn't resist, but not much good to say... I will be look-en in from time to time to see the progress...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure it will be nice when done

Good luck with the car. I almost headed down south to check it out. Of course both people that I talked to about it told me the rear rails were good. I would have been pretty upset driving 10 hours for a misrepresented car.
That said, B5 is my favorite color on a Bee. If mine was B5 with a B7 gut and the same options it would be the perfect car! But black is cool, too!
Happy welding!
Yeah Ohiomopar you're better off with the car you got from John. This B5 one is matching numbers drivetrain but, its a mess. I took in a blk '68 charger that is a little messy too...I've been labeled "collector of many fixer of none"... One day ....one day lol

Yeah Ohiomopar you're better off with the car you got from John. This B5 one is matching numbers drivetrain but, its a mess. I took in a blk '68 charger that is a little messy too...I've been labeled "collector of many fixer of none"... One day ....one day lol

Still a really cool car. I just don't have the time/ability/money to get that deep. The color alone makes it high in my book.

I think with this project it was more, "you gotta sell what you don't wanna do"

I think with this project it was more, "you gotta sell what you don't wanna do"
Yeah that superbee needs more than I wanted to pay for...I kept it as long as I could bear. Once I realized how much money it would take just to get all the rust dealt with it became a lost cause...It sold on ebay for $4K which is exactly what I had in it .....It did go to a good home with a fella that has "resources" and it will be back on ebay in about 8 months looking like new money......I couldn't afford to save this one cut and dry

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Ohio I would have gave you this one for 4k with its matching drivetrain or swapped for your black one that came from down here.....LOL

You're going to need to replace everything on that car, even the trunk support struts that hold the deck lid on are junk. Your inner webbing along the roof is likely also junk...my GTX was in the same condition, but worse, my left rear frame rail was broken, yours is almost there. Don't even think of media blasting it like that; you need to rip off all the rusty metal, build a car dolly, retain the measurements, get a new frame rail section, and build...have fun, and, if you have deep pockets and lots of time it will be done in 18 months.

Do exactly as Donny stated about a car dolly. Be the best thing you could do. I see you are fairly new to this site.Welcome aboard. The people on this site can answer any & all questions you have from start to finish on your project. I see you are from Carrolton, not to far from me. Good luck with the project & keep us informed on the progress.

Guys.....................He sold this car on ebay for 4K. Check out post #32. Either way though, Great advice! LOL

Csuperbee, it's probably a good thing it came to reality just how much time, money and resources it would take to bring that back. You saved yourself a lot of headaches and your bank account, realizing early what kind of project the car really was. Good luck down the road. Hopefully you find yourself a mopar that doesn't need such a resurrection.

Thanks for the welcome aboard....and advice. I had to let that one go maybe if I was 25 again and had more loot I would have attempted it......LOL thanks

csuperbee, in no way was i being distasteful in your decision, in fact i know exactly what you were getting ready to tackle. If you look thru my post i am tackling the exact same thing. My bee is just as rusty, although my frame rails are solid. I've replaced, trunk floors, extensions, rear floor boards, main floor boards, front floor boards, 4 speed hump, window corners, package tray, dutchmen, trunk hangers and the cross bars in the back seat area. I've done all this with my father in the span of 7 months. We put the dutchmen, rear package tray and the cross bar section all in one piece of another rust free car. It is alot of work, but its a fun and learning experience, especially when its with your pops! Hope you find another project. Just wanted to make sure my post didn't come across as a bash.

Thanks for the welcome aboard....and advice. I had to let that one go maybe if I was 25 again and had more loot I would have attempted it......LOL thanks

I hope I didn't offend or detour you from you project... I can be a tad bit of a sarcastic smart aleck or I have been accused of being too brutally honest some times...

I hope I didn't offend or detour you from you project... I can be a tad bit of a sarcastic smart aleck or I have been accused of being too brutally honest some times...
No Sir Budnicks not at all....I don't get offended over these cars that superbee was a complete mess & like a lot of people I was buying what I visioned it as not what it actually was...No I invite comments harsh or sarcastic... That superbee was too much cash for me I have 7 other mopars that don't need $10,000 bucks worth of metal.....Thanks Budnicks ..... signed not offened in Georgia LOL

- - - Updated - - -

csuperbee, in no way was i being distasteful in your decision, in fact i know exactly what you were getting ready to tackle. If you look thru my post i am tackling the exact same thing. My bee is just as rusty, although my frame rails are solid. I've replaced, trunk floors, extensions, rear floor boards, main floor boards, front floor boards, 4 speed hump, window corners, package tray, dutchmen, trunk hangers and the cross bars in the back seat area. I've done all this with my father in the span of 7 months. We put the dutchmen, rear package tray and the cross bar section all in one piece of another rust free car. It is alot of work, but its a fun and learning experience, especially when its with your pops! Hope you find another project. Just wanted to make sure my post didn't come across as a bash.
Not at all LeoD don't think of it like that ....I sold the superbee cause I have other Mopars to worry with. Im not offened at all the superbee was a P.O.S and I can only say maybe the only thing I did was get it out in general population by pulling it from the mud hole where it was dying and it has went to a fella who will make it into a new superbee... Ill post when he does....signed not offended in Georgia LOL

I'm glad you took it at constructive criticism, as intended...

Auto Transport Service
Back