• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Belvedere Wagon needs windshield weather stripping...

IowaCharger69

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Long time lurker but never really posted. I decided that today's frustration deserves a thread.

I have a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere wagon. It had a shattered windshield that was removed today. The installer insisted that the gasket was available. He didn't understand that a "sedan" also included two door posts (not four doors that would be the same windshield/gasket as my wagon). Unfortunately at this point it is too late. the reality of the situation is that replacement weatherstripping is not available and my car now sits without a windshield and I sit here pissed off and wondering how I am going to remedy the situation.

I have been trying to formulate a solution all day and the best I have come up with are below:

1) I buy 2 1969 B-Body windshield weatherstrips and modify them to work. The regular weatherstrip is the right width but is about 2 inches too short. Could I cut the weatherstrip and add the required length? I have no expectation that this would look the best or function the best but I may not have a choice. What would you use to glue these two parts together? Would the integrity be so compromised that the gasket woudl not hold the windshield in place?

2) The other option I could see is that I beg someone to make me a custom weatherstrip. I am by no means wealthy and I have a brand new baby so it may be cost prohibitive but I would much rather have a correct one piece weatherstrip to protect my investment, my car and my family.

3) I try to find a salvage yard wagon or four door and carefully remove the windshield as gasket...

I am pretty much stuck at this point. The windshield is out of the car. The original gasket is destroyed. I have had to boot my wife's daily driver out of the garage so that my Plymouth can sit in covered storage. I am afraid that without a gasket I may never drive the car again and as an undriveable car it has no value but as parts car. I couldn't stand parting out a perfectly good wagon for its hood and fenders alone.

Please help me or please forward this on to someone that might be able to help.

Thank you in advance!

Long time lurker but never really posted. I decided that today's frustration deserves a thread.

I have a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere wagon. It had a shattered windshield that was removed today. The installer insisted that the gasket was available. He didn't understand that a "sedan" also included two door posts (not four doors that would be the same windshield/gasket as my wagon). Unfortunately at this point it is too late. the reality of the situation is that replacement weatherstripping is not available and my car now sits without a windshield and I sit here pissed off and wondering how I am going to remedy the situation.

I have been trying to formulate a solution all day and the best I have come up with are below:

1) I buy 2 1969 B-Body windshield weatherstrips and modify them to work. The regular weatherstrip is the right width but is about 2 inches too short. Could I cut the weatherstrip and add the required length? I have no expectation that this would look the best or function the best but I may not have a choice. What would you use to glue these two parts together? Would the integrity be so compromised that the gasket woudl not hold the windshield in place?

2) The other option I could see is that I beg someone to make me a custom weatherstrip. I am by no means wealthy and I have a brand new baby so it may be cost prohibitive but I would much rather have a correct one piece weatherstrip to protect my investment, my car and my family.

3) I try to find a salvage yard wagon or four door and carefully remove the windshield as gasket...

I am pretty much stuck at this point. The windshield is out of the car. The original gasket is destroyed. I have had to boot my wife's daily driver out of the garage so that my Plymouth can sit in covered storage. I am afraid that without a gasket I may never drive the car again and as an undriveable car it has no value but as parts car. I couldn't stand parting out a perfectly good wagon for its hood and fenders alone.

Thank you in advance!

Dante's....WCRD672 68/70 B-body 4dr sedan/wagon............................$175.00

http://www.dantesparts.com/glassgaskets.html

You gotta do your homework. Don't take someones word that something isn't available...
I'm not trying to be a smart #$@. I see this all the time...

Red is the MAN

Thank you in advance!

No problem my friend, we've got ya covered!!! :grin:

post pics if you can...

You gotta do your homework. Don't take someones word that something isn't available...
I'm not trying to be a smart #$@. I see this all the time...

Totally agree. I thought I had. I have been searching all day. Even sent letters to Soffseal and Steel Rubber. So glad I took the time to post up here.

Totally agree. I thought I had. I have been searching all day. Even sent letters to Soffseal and Steel Rubber. So glad I took the time to post up here.

We are here to help when possible and really help when impossible.

Red63440

Hope and supporting you fellow man is good! Just thought the videos were a little weird...

Auto Transport Service
Back