• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet Cragar Wheel Selection-what fits??

Greygoose

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys / Gals-
Looking to get a set of 15" Cragars for the 1969 Coronet.Wanting to go with the widest tires on the rear that I can do with just a bolt-on application.Don't want to modify the fenders or use spacers,etc. or anything else.Can anyone tell me what Cragar rims and offset numbers and tire sizes I need to order?Looking for front sizes also.Thanks very much,
Mike

I have a 68 GTX which should be similar to your coronet in terms of tire fitment. I just finished my restoration and bought a new set of cragars to replace my old ones. I also wanted the biggest tire I could fit w/o any fooling around. I bought 15 x 8 with L60 Goodyear tires for the rear. They have a 9" tread width. For the front I went with 15 x 6 with E60 tires. Can't remember the width on those - but doesn't matter the fronts aren't an issue with tire fitment. Sorry but I can't remember the back space numbers. I could not have fit a bigger set on the back than what I bought. I have just enough room for what I have. I essentially wanted to match the old school look I had on the car back in the day. Have had it for 47 years and have always had the Goodyear/Cragar look. Your car will look sweet with those on there. Hope this helps.

Front 15X7 with up to 255/60 but 235/60 is ok. Rear 15X8 with 275/60.

image.png

69 Coronet. 225-70 14 front. 295-50 15 rear 8 inch rim.

Don't know what the exact backspace is, but I've used the SS on many cars in that configuration. The 15x7 set I have now is about 40 yrs old with the non unilug pattern.

View attachment 417623
69 Coronet. 225-70 14 front. 295-50 15 rear 8 inch rim.
so how does the 295 55`s work on an 8" rim I have 295 65 15`s on 8 '' and their really just a bit narrow, would at least like to have 8 1/2" wide, but don`t think I can get a 9" to clear. Are u running them a little low on pressure? Am running about 21 lbs in mine. (drag radials)

so how does the 295 55`s work on an 8" rim I have 295 65 15`s on 8 '' and their really just a bit narrow, would at least like to have 8 1/2" wide, but don`t think I can get a 9" to clear. Are u running them a little low on pressure? Am running about 21 lbs in mine. (drag radials)
Street. 28 lbs. Left rear kisses inside leaf when pushed very hard. Putting a spacer in. 8" rim gives the look I like.

Auto Transport Service
Back