• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Q5 and 1970 B5 color actual comparison

Donny

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Original Q5 wiring loom inside section off my GTX (area never saw sunlight or wetness), and inside Deck Lid off a 70 Challenger in B5 livery. Both are cool hues, the Q5 looks more B5, and the B5 looks more B7, but, seeing them in a photo is slightly different than in person. BTW, the Challenger I'm getting is also B5!
IMG_5513.jpgIMG_5515.jpg

B-5 has always been a favorite of mine. I'm thinking about painting my 73 Challenger that color when the time comes. Post up some photos of your E body Donny.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found paint chip color charts that show the difference. Like you said little things like the color adjustments / settings on your computer or even your camera will affect how the color appears in person. Even lighting will make a difference. Look at a color in bright sunlight then check it out under a fluorescent light or street light and it will look like three different colors.

Cool post. Thanks

I had a 69 Q5 GTX and it was noticeably lighter than B5. If you put two cars with those colours side by side, you'll see the difference.

That color looks nearly identical to my kk1 turquoise 66 charger when I base coat clear coated it

Auto Transport Service
Back