• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger Registry

Registry FB Jan 2024.jpg

A significant milestone!

Personally I think it's CHIGGINSHIT that someone who's never contributed anything besides promoting his own competing site is allowed to keep posting this stuff here...just my opinion of course...

Personally I think it's CHIGGINSHIT that someone who's never contributed anything besides promoting his own competing site is allowed here...just sayin'....
Disagree

How is the forum going?
I heard it is as dead as MySpace.com over there.
BIG surprise. I wonder why. A few years back, it was slow but there was SOME activity.

How is the forum going?
I heard it is as dead as MySpace.com over there.
BIG surprise. I wonder why. A few years back, it was slow but there was SOME activity.
Infinitely better than the Dodge Charger Registries for the 1968 and 1969 model years. :p

if 5100 cars register, but no one is there to see them......... are they really registered?

I've been a member there for many years and found it extremely helpful following other members' restoration threads, and documenting in great detail my own. Unlike some members though, I made sure every picture I took was uploaded directly to the site and not hosted by some garbage host like ImageShack or Photobucket...when those services crapped out, literally millions of topics on forums everywhere were rendered almost completely useless, full of broken-image placeholders.

My Charger resto was in hiatus for several years but now getting back into action. I unfortunately found that, as Don said earlier, most of the members already finished their projects and there was relatively little forum activity...or they moved to the dreaded Facebook, which I will never join because of all the hacks and compromises and advertising and invasion of privacy it's known for, and because I'm an I.T. manager and know better. Asking questions in the forum nowadays doesn't get much response, unfortunately. The reason I joined here is because I will continue to need advice and ACTIVITY. It's what makes a forum alive.

Lastly, I think the decision to make people register on the site just to access and see the forums is ill-advised. The vast majority of people who want to view forum topics there are NOT 1970 Charger owners, but everyday internet surfers. Preventing them from viewing the topics unless they register is not going to bode well for 1970chargerregistry.com, I'm afraid. I have nothing against that site or Don, I am a fan of both and appreciate what he's doing with the registration numbers, and I'll continue to upload pics and forum posts as my resto progresses, but I'll be doing more of that here, from now on, just because there's an audience.

Auto Transport Service
Back