• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet Wagon - "Queen Bee"

I've always liked Magnaflow.

(and always hated Flow Master)

Now I have proof.

Well gentleman… I drove the wagon! Still alot to do before she has street manners. But i drove the car on her first journey. Roughly 30 miles on some back roads to our other shop in Johnstown. And got a wave from a dude in a yellow 70 GTX, honestly the best part was seeing 2 B bodies on the road.

Halfway there my used alternator took a ****. Luckily my dakota digital gauges gave me a warning that said low volts. So I had time to pull into a walmart and buy a battery to keep on truckin. Unfortunately the whole drive I had no secondaries whats so ever. The vacuum diaphragm is stuck, so i limped her the whole way over but still managed good air fuel ratios and did 65mph. Got to the shop and tried to open them by hand and we got a pretty awesome fireball for my new cover photo haha.

The other plus is the car drives super straight. Took a few hard turns and the car is planted! I still want to stiffen the rear up with a sway bar and add one more leaf to my springs. That should get my ride height right and help out alot.

My list of work is still huge but i can now tinker with it at home or on lunch breaks maybe. Looking forward to driving this pile this summer. Hopefully get to a point where its just body work left. Alot of body work

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

Slapped a 600cfm carb I had laying around on the wagon and same issue. Im wondering if my timing is off or something. Will be checking my settings on the 6al tomorrow.

Threw my wheels and tires on and the wheels are different for sure… maybe warming up to them. But aesthetics aside - 275s all the way around with zero rub is pretty cool. These tires are sticky! Throwing everything off the road into the wheel wells sticky.

Still Losing sleep over this secondary / power problem

IMG_5428.jpeg

IMG_5426.jpeg

IMG_5416.jpeg

Apparently I need to read instruction’s.

You cannot time a msd 6Al with a dial back or digital timing light. My 6al is a digital unit and I have it retard timing based on a map sensor, and rpm.

Once my new old school timing light and timing tape came in. I was able to see i had my timing set at 0 degrees and then my 6al advanced it after top dead center…. Yikes

Good news, my carbs fine. Now that its actually timed, the Car runs great and has pretty decent power for an rv 440.

Next project is to wrap up the interior by adding car seat anchors mount the console, chassis saver on the floors, sound deadening and carpet!

Back