• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 440 head question.

I have read the 213 are similar to the 346, and 452 with some extra coolant passages. And that and some later 452's also have the same passages.
But ports are the same.
I also read the 71-72 346's have slightly smaller combustion chambers, at 79cc vs the 73 version at 81.5cc, but that must be taken with a grain of salt.

https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/a-guide-to-mopar-v8-cylinder-head-and-block-casting-numbers/

This engine with just under 40K miles is super clean on the inside, so far, who knows what could be hiding under the valley tin, LOL!!!
The guy I bought the Winnebago from used it for aprox 6-10K miles. He used it to go attend what ever races he used to participate in years ago, and his wife and him would tow the car with it and sleep at the events. So the engine was not worked on by him, except tune up, maintenance, and a new exhaust system.
It even has new tires, and new brakes, and the discs up front are very H.D.!!!
Because the thing had been sitting for 5+ years, he took some stainless metal screen like from a window, and covered the air filter housing inlet ports, and tail pipes in the exhaust, so mice couldn't get in.
So I am gonna guess he took care of it, it probably got its oil changed, but the thing had 4.88's so it also may have been working to go down the road, and I would think that may help keep the sludge at bay.

I know that this is an old thread but I have a 1973 Plymouth road runner GTX with 77k original miles. Numbers matching engine/trans. I know the history of the car and it hasnt been molested. Still has steel shim head gaskets and HAD the original nylon timing gear. The car has 213 cylinder heads on it with casting dates very close to the engine block. The car runs very strong for what it is and runs very cool temperature wise. I also have a survivor 74 road runner GTX and the 73 runs significantly cooler than the 74 with the same cooling system. First time I had ever seen these heads on a passenger car engine.

I know that this is an old thread but I have a 1973 Plymouth road runner GTX with 77k original miles. Numbers matching engine/trans. I know the history of the car and it hasnt been molested. Still has steel shim head gaskets and HAD the original nylon timing gear. The car has 213 cylinder heads on it with casting dates very close to the engine block. The car runs very strong for what it is and runs very cool temperature wise. I also have a survivor 74 road runner GTX and the 73 runs significantly cooler than the 74 with the same cooling system. First time I had ever seen these heads on a passenger car engine.
Here's a little info on that. You're here so you may have seen already...

Auto Transport Service
Back