• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Speed windscreen wiper resistor?

Malicious

Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2 speed wiper set up, all the original looms I have are split on the brown wire with two female blade connectors. There is no mention of this in any of the wiring diagram, but its there.

I've also seen pics of original engine bays with a ballast type resistor plugged into this space. I've put a new resistor in there (RU11 standard), but I'm not getting any movement.

Is there a different type of resistor for the wiper motor? Or can I just run a wire between, maybe fused, to work it?

I just want to confirm the wiring before I open the motor up to check if its the motor.

Thanks!

The resistor does not come in until after the unit powers up. It is for low speed only. Go to our website....passion4mopars,.....knowledgebase/blog and pull up bench test for non concealed 2 speed wiper motor. Test starts out by running on high speed then you can introduce you resistor for the second part....then 3rd part is park.
Good luck

Sorry mate missed your reply. Thanks heaps for that. I gave it a test tonight and got nothing.

I did notice that my ground strap is in a different spot from the diagram on your website. I assume that's the same operation though?

The only time I got a noise out of the motor was when I applied ground and power to H and L. But still no movement. I tried grounding on the bolts, ground strap and body with no luck.

Any hints on what might be going on?

Attachments

• image_1432210283579.jpg
    image_1432210283579.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back