• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2007 2500 CTD Suggestions

dart4forte

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I have a 2007 2500 CTD 4x4. Bought it new in 2007. The issue at hand is my wife has bad knees and finds it hard to get into the truck. I have running boards which helps but she still has problems. I’m looking for a way that I can lower the front of the truck so that it’s easier for her to get in. Selling or trading in the truck for a new 2WD is not an option. I’ve seen airbag suspension but not sure of the capacity of what’s available. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

could you add a step under the running board?
1713740009255.jpeg

You could cut a little out of the front coils and could also buy shorter blocks for the rear that might help some.

lots of guys have put in the springs from a gas truck. Lowers it some and has a smoother ride. As mentioned smaller blocks in the rear. Kim

I have trouble with my legs and put AMP research electric running boards on my 21 RAM 2500. The step is 14” above the ground when deployed.

A guy at my job used a stepstool with a rope attached to it, once he was in the bus he could just pull it. Maybe a temporary solution until you find a permanent one

Are you could open the door, put out a step stool, close the door, place step stool in bed. Easy peasy.

Auto Transport Service
Back