• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Mopar Nationals

mr_belvedere

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
So, what is going on with the (unofficial) after hours nightlife?
I wasn’t expecting early 1990s Brice Road, but last night (Friday) was beyond pathetic.
Nothing happening at Heath. More law enforcement than mopars.
Drove to Brice- Nothing.
At least I have my memories (for now…)

Was only there for 1.5-2 hours yesterday mostly talking to friends.
Going back today to do some shopping and looking around.
Looking very sparse compared to years past…

Talking with a bud

He says the weather is phenomenal , complete opposite of Carlisle
Nice and cool

It’s the Mopar Nats - Same has its been , slow , old , downsized
Swap Meet and watch the Track

The crazy street life has been squished by law enforcement. The Mopar guys can get a little rowdy but the locals get stupid and cause unsafe issues. A car or two gets loose and into the crowd and someone get's run over. Mustangs come to mind. :rofl:

I felt it was latger than 2 years ago when I went. Lots of cars, some spectacular ones to look at. I saw Bill's hemi Satellite, and the guy I bought my hemi 727 from's coronet 500 hemi. Lots of cool e bodies and B bodies. And the swap was pretty big as well. We only spent about 4.5 hours there on Friday as I was going to the track to crew and tune my friend's car. Any Mopar show is a good show to me.

The crazy street life has been squished by law enforcement. The Mopar guys can get a little rowdy but the locals get stupid and cause unsafe issues. A car or two gets loose and into the crowd and someone get's run over. Mustangs come to mind. :rofl:
Agreed

Can you say JUMP - 2024

Record breaking Jump at the 2024 Mopar Nationals - 216 feet, 8 inches.

Went for Friday only, as my latest car isn't done and my others have all been displayed over the years [HDK tent]. Had to drive down to hang with the OG's at the HDK display. Good guys, great food [Thanks Mark], and stellar cars, as always. Thanks Denny. It was the first road trip for my Hellcat.

Hellcat 24 Nats.jpg

Me Mopar Nats 2024.jpg

Me and my son went today, it was a good show and great weather. I got I few things for my roadrunner at the swap meet. It was packed way more people than last year. I have only missed a few years since 1989 including when it was at Indy. It was the best one I have been to in quite a few years.

I was there with car all day Friday and Saturday. Had a great time, met up with people Ive not seen in several years. Saw some really cool cars. Not near as many in years past. But good time as always. But it was what you make of it . And Im super glad I went AND took the car
if we dont take advantage of these type of events, sooner or later they will not be there for any of us to attend

I'll go back , ,,,,,just not sure when with me being opposite side of the country now.

I felt it was latger than 2 years ago when I went. Lots of cars, some spectacular ones to look at. I saw Bill's hemi Satellite, and the guy I bought my hemi 727 from's coronet 500 hemi. Lots of cool e bodies and B bodies. And the swap was pretty big as well. We only spent about 4.5 hours there on Friday as I was going to the track to crew and tune my friend's car. Any Mopar show is a good show to me.
And you didnt say hey. You should be tarred and feathered ,, LoL

And you didnt say hey. You should be tarred and feathered ,, LoL
I tried 2 different spots and you had just left. My buddies and I needed to head home, sorry I missed you.

Can you say JUMP - 2024

Record breaking Jump at the 2024 Mopar Nationals - 216 feet, 8 inches.

cool to see it airborne

but;
Look at all that rust & dirt that came out when he landed

long jump :thumbsup: & was a spectacular fail thou, to me
hit/landed/crashed down hard, it's sad to see yet another Charger
wrecked/turned to junk

why not land it on another ramp ?
I know more risky, but...

Car was destroyed, it’s a Crown Vic with AMD metal though even has the ford engine

Here is my take on the Nats... I have been going there consistently for 30 plus years. It is ALWAYS unorganized BUT there is something for everyone whether it's the swap meet scouting for parts, drag racing or the show cars. That said this show definitely had a poor turn out. Not nearly as many show cars, not many drag cars, manufacture's midway was empty along with lots of empty vendor spots. I don't believe it really has anything to do with the show itself but the current economic situation the country is in right now. Sadly many people simply can't afford to take off work and do the stuff they enjoyed years ago. My wife and I just made reservations on something that the last 20 years has been sold out every year 8 months in advance. This year they have lots of availabilities 3 weeks before the event. This is just another one of things people can save money and do with-out. It was nice seeing a couple of friends up there from New York, Maryland and Ohio.

The Carlisle show seemed to be a huge event from what I have read on this site. There were multiple threads about that one. I was looking today for information about this show and saw nothing until I stumbled upon this thread a few minutes ago.
I was at the Ohio event in 2004 and was not witness to any of the negatives that so many people complained of. I had a great time.

Last edited:
I have to agree with some of those things , but in reality we all know the Mopar Nats has been in decline for what , like 15 - 20 years or more

It’s just a fact - Honestly I am surprised it’s even called the Mopar Nats , or still exists today

Iola WI was down on attendance , not by much compared to a record year in 2023

EAA had another record breaking year for attendance in 2024

How was Chrysler Carlisle for attendance this year

I have to agree with some of those things , but in reality we all know the Mopar Nats has been in decline for what , like 15 - 20 years or more

It’s just a fact - Honestly I am surprised it’s even called the Mopar Nats , or still exists today

Iola WI was down on attendance , not by much compared to a record year in 2023

EAA had another record breaking year for attendance in 2024

How was Chrysler Carlisle for attendance this year
Carlisle never disappoints and it was off the charts again IMO. That is THE SHOW to go to. Nothing compares to it and it has a HUGE religious following as many ONLY go to that show every year..

As far as the Nats it's been a slow decline for sure but very slow. This particular show is a sign of the times MORE than it is about the actual show. They destroyed the nightlife for sure. I heard some people say there that even Buckeye Lake was shut down this year also. For me I miss the Carlisle show as I am married to my spaces so it's a nice alternative. Like they say a bad day at a car show is STILL better than a good day of work!

I was selling in the swap meet. I sold a little Thursday, did alright Friday and Saturday. There seemed to be fewer people on Saturday in the swap meet this year. After 1:30 we had virtually no customers. I did make more money this year than last year.

Auto Transport Service
Back