• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

25% off MSRP and still cant sell them

EMailed back and forth with the guy all day. I think he was even getting frustrated. Good for me. Don't want it now anyway.

Found an F150, 2023 like brand new with 50 miles, used truck though. At Bill Luke CJDR in Phoenix. $49875. Hail damaged. Been on car guru for 251 days. Used Cars For Sale in Peabody, MA - CarGurus

EMailed back and forth with the guy all day. I think he was even getting frustrated. Good for me. Don't want it now anyway.

Found an F150, 2023 like brand new with 50 miles, used truck though. At Bill Luke CJDR in Phoenix. $49875. Hail damaged. Been on car guru for 251 days. Used Cars For Sale in Peabody, MA - CarGurus
In 1996, you could buy a I6/5 speed 2wd F150 brand new off the lot in my town for $14,600 tax and everything included.
2024: a hail damaged F150 costs $50,000.

4 years ago I paid $8500 for my 2002 8.1/Allison 2500HD crew cab 4x4 with 105k miles on it from my local mechanic. Watching prices, it went up to about 12k for a bit and now back down to 8-9k again. I could buy 5 of these for that hail damaged F150. What am I missing out on? bluetooth spyware and back up cameras? I bet I could buy a lot of spyware and back up cameras for the other $40,000 I saved. Gas milage? $40,000 buys a lot of gas, even in today's world.

The games at most dealers are infuriating. They will absolutely rob people if they can and have no qualms about being turned down by 100 smart buyers to get to the one that rolls over.

The flip side is that the dealers are offering nothing for trade-ins right now.... so your task is to find those people. My last buy was a 21 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi quad cab Big Horn, tow package, 9k miles, pristine condition, private seller..... $34k..... The same number the dealer was willing to give him.

All the BS is irrelevant though it can make it longer to get the deal.
You just wipe all that extra stuff off the table as soon as they bring it.
Do your research on truecar and other sites.
Talk to people on forums who are actually buying the cars, not the keyboard jockeys.

Just helped Mom buy a Dark Horse Mustang Saturday, under sticker. Couldn't drive the hardest bargain I wanted because it was the ONLY black, automatic without the racing seats and without the track suspension package she would hate. But I got a good of a deal as any reported sales through truecar. Sure as hell didn't pay a market adjustment up!

Maybe so but the question still is...WHY??? cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
As posted above, because if you know what you're doing you can still get a bargain.
For those that hold vehicles a long time, new can pay off as well.
Why visit Hawaii when there's a beach at the state park?

Red car. 300C. White car purchased new 2021 $49,500. Recently offered 38k holding resale well. Quit your complaining and go buy a Chevy or Ford or whatever.

BF9FAE87-0C7E-4B55-8979-0CCC8A7B4155.jpeg

A15FCC04-3AEC-40F2-8618-0940056DE3CC.png

Quit your complaining and go buy a Chevy or Ford or whatever.

What brands have a better chance of still being in business 3 to 5 years from now? I am very concerned that Stelantis will kill the Chrysler brands before this is all over. No warranty, no replacement parts, absolutely no resale value. That is something to consider.

What brands have a better chance of still being in business 3 to 5 years from now? I am very concerned that Stelantis will kill the Chrysler brands before this is all over. No warranty, no replacement parts, absolutely no resale value. That is something to consider.
Federal law used to hold car maker's to having parts for something like 7 years? Of course, going belly up could throw that right out the window along with their customers. Lawyers will make out ok of course.

I agree...all worthy considerations.

I have a 2020 Charger R/T. No issues whatsoever after 53k miles. I'll keep it and try not to drive myself crazy with "what if" scenarios.

I don't usually look at Consumer Reports, but I browsed one while the Mrs was shopping. I was a bit startled by the reported problems on the Ford & Chevy pickups and SUVs.

Toyota pickups (and cars) were rated good. Maybe Nissan too.

Funny thing here in Savannah, Georgia. The paint finishes on Toyotas and Hondas do not hold up well. I see lots of them with fading paint and peeling finishes.

This dealership in north Miami, Florida has had heavy discounts for awhile now, but still has tons of Dodges & Rams.

https://www.aventurachryslerjeepdodgeram.com/

CDJR Dealerships here in Savannah/ Hilton Head just sit on their new vehicles and do the waiting game. One of these dealerships has many more vehicles than competing CDJR dealerships, but they are barely offering any discounts...like 5%.

It's an election year....yes every four years durable goods sales take a dive. People get nervous listening to all those negative ads and news reports...not that some are not accurate.

My first year in sale at our local Ford store saw my income drop 60% July thru December then we had a record month in January.

Happened thru three elections while I was there.

The games at most dealers are infuriating. They will absolutely rob people if they can and have no qualms about being turned down by 100 smart buyers to get to the one that rolls over.
Dealerships, particularly on the sales side, are the lowest form of life as we know it.

I bought my 3500 Ram Cummins 4wd in 2012 for 40k out the door,(no def) and my 2016 challenger SXT Plus for 28k all said and done.
I am keeping them, as they are paid for and have no problems. There will be No more new cars/truck crap for me. My good friend at the local CDRJ has been in the parts dept for 20 years, and he said the new cars coming in for service are plagued with electrical problems of all kinds. So if anyone buys a new car today they best buy a warranty for the life of the car!

I am having an email conversation with a salesman at Courtesy CDJR in Mesa AZ right now. They have this used 2022 Laramie truck advertised on Cars.com for $44500. 30,000 miles, 1 accident reported. not a perfect truck which can be seen in the pictures. Right away the salesman wants me to come in. No way. I told him I am not wasting my time coming in or on the phone if we can not make a deal. So he eventually does get me an out the door price. Look at this. He added $3700 in bullshit add ons, not including the tax. I told him that is why I am not coming in there, already saved myself an afternoon.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/990dd753-fa4c-4389-810c-71e21498509c/

View attachment 1680652
$169.00 for nitrogen in the
tires? Yikes! And there's
really no way to tell this
service was performed.
You were right to run away.

Treat ALL dealer salespersons as enemy, with the understanding that they're ALWAYS trying to screw you.

Treat ALL dealer salespersons as enemy, with the understanding that they're ALWAYS trying to screw you.
This is very interesting. I feel the same way. I hate to say it, but when I walk on to a dealers lot I become a bigger asshole than normal. I was even an asshole in print when emailing that salesman yesterday. This is not something that I do naturally, it is from learned experience and my counter measure. Car dealers brought this on themselves through the years. It is their business model I guess.

I don't feel the need to be an ***.
Be educated.
Be indignant when they try to pull something stupid.
Be clear on what you're looking to achieve.
Let them earn some money on the deal, it's not a charity.

Auto Transport Service
Back