• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 Magnum cylinder heads

SpaceDoggo

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
You should be able to find 5.2l heads in a junkyard.
Try and find an engine with lower mileage 100 k or less.

You should be able to find 5.2l heads in a junkyard.
Try and find an engine with lower mileage 100 k or less.
01 A5.jpg

Most of the time, the reason that trucks and SUVs end up in the junkyard is engine or transmission failure where replacement costs exceed the value of the vehicle....here in CA anyway.
In 2008 I toyed with the idea of running Magnum series heads on a 360. I pulled several pair and took them to my machinist. He kept finding cracks in them, mostly between the valve seats. He said that most of the 5.2 and 5.9 engines had cracked heads that posed no problems but he thought it made far more sense to start off with heads that had NO cracks. His reasoning was Why start with cracks that may or may not become a problem.
There are replacement heads available. I didn't check the link the OP provided....was that for Engine Quest? I thought that they were from Australia.

I have a set in my shed... too bad you are so far away they are freebies... But you gotta take the block too.. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back