• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Dual Quad Air Cleaner *** Six Pack Style

Azure

Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
I've had this air cleaner ready to go for several weeks now. As a matter of fact, it is actually installed on the car right now. I took photos of it installed on the car and was going to post them, but I accidently deleted them from my phone. With the car still at the painter's it will be a while before I can get more installation photos. It all fits well, looks factory, (or at least as factory as it can) and I really like it. The entire assembly including the lid is hand laid fiberglass.

I'll post some photos of it installed when I make it out to the car for a progress check someday.

For some reason 3 of the photos insist on posting in the wrong orientation. I'm tired of fighting it so I guess you'll just have to use your imagination. :)

0e110d30-1bd6-4b0d-9c1b-0689325e52da.jpg
IMG_2426.jpg
IMG_2424.jpg
IMG_2423.jpg

That looks great, did you make this yourself?

It's from Hybird Fiberglass. It did need a little bit of prep as all fiberglass parts do and the paint.

I don't remember the exact price. I bought it over a year ago. I do remember that the complete kit including the wing nuts and air filter was a little less than the lower priced aftermarket 6-pack air cleaners without a filter. I think that I'll probably install a standard paper filter at some time. I like the look of the white paper better than the K&N.

Those filters lasted much longer then I ever thought they could with a fresh air system and daily driving. A bit close to 18 months, if I remember correctly.

That looks great! Get you some 440 decals and dress it up good!

I'd like to find some 440+8 decals. I might just have to have them made.
The car has an A12 hood scoop grafted on to a standard hood so a couple of decals for the hood would go nicely as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back