• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 stock intake; whats the best carb choice .....

66 Sat,
I am not sure what those calcs are for.........
Just showing what can be plucked off the net.....or in my case out of a book.....to look impressive.

66 Sat,

Just for you......a 1958 Ply Bel, tested by the Aussie Wheels magazine. They tended to rubbish American cars. This one they raved about....& everything about it.

It weighed 3800 lb, had a cast iron TF, & ran 118 mph with a 3.15 diff. It did all that with a 318 Poly, 9:1 CR....& a 2 bbl carb. All the Poly engined cars sold here were 9:1 2bbl, no 4bbls.

img158.jpg

66 Sat,
I am not sure what those calcs are for.........
Just showing what can be plucked off the net.....or in my case out of a book.....to look impressive.
The calcs are because certain members claim (and appear to be) fairly knowledgeable on whatever subject is at hand, but then don't back-up what they are saying.

If someone is going to throw formulas out there for us simpletons, then back it up and provide some proof. Bob has kindly provided a formula to prove the 780 Holley flows more than the Edelbrock 800 AVS2.

It would be nice if he actually spent 10 minutes or whatever actually completing the calculations to prove what he's saying. I don't care about the result either way, but it would interesting to see how it all works and the results.

Auto Transport Service
Back