• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

502 ci Street Engine

Ok..that sounds nice! :grin:

Do you think a 18-spline A833 can handle this power and torque also?

I am planing to build a 3600lbs b-body with A333 4-speed, 12" McLeod street twin clutch kit and 471cui b-engine stroker (+600HP). This car should also run on the strip with slicks!

Jens

Bronze...

I use an 18 spline trans because it's quiet and it takes the punishment as long as there are no sticky tires and not too many power shifts...
As far as the clutch goes the only customer of mine to try one drove right through it trying to do a burnout "not a brake stand" our version of a burnout is you stick it in 2nd or 3rd and dump the clutch and let it go...Were Old School...we've seen 77 Chev 1/2 tons with a 305 hold the brakes and stand on the throttle and explode the rear tires...If someone cant do better with a 4 bbl car :giggle: standing on the brakes...
The street twin needs the rag taken out of the disk side because that's what burnt up...But that's what's there to keep the clutch from chattering when you pull away from a stop.
I use a long style plate and I know what buttons work with what pressure and you'll never drive through one of my set ups...the only draw back is the clutch hub eventually gets loose... just my take on it...

Auto Transport Service
Back