• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

511 hp RB kit

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
I have a 440 that I bought 20+ years ago. It was built with the 511 horsepower kit. What was the cam specs? I'm going to need one and I want the same spec cam to replace it. Thanks

I think we will need a little more info. 511 CID stroker kit? Who sold it? etc.

I think we will need a little more info. 511 CID stroker kit? Who sold it? etc.
Not a stroker. I believe it was a 511 horsepower RB kit. I don't know who did it. It was from 20+ years ago. I have to try and find the old paperwork.

The only reference to a 511 HP 440 I find is this one. But when you click on it it mentions nothing about the engine. Other than it being a RB.

1. https://www.motortrend.com › how-to › 440-duster-mopar-big-block-swap-kits-may-1988-982-1406-36-1

440 Duster: Big-Block Swap Kits for A-Body Mopars - MotorTrend

Jan 1, 2023In a Pro Parts test using a Duster equipped with the 511-hp RB engine kit, this combination was clocked at 10.86 seconds and 120 mph in the quarter. Quite respectable for a docile-appearing Mopar.

The only reference to a 511 HP 440 I find is this one. But when you click on it it mentions nothing about the engine. Other than it being a RB.

1. https://www.motortrend.com › how-to › 440-duster-mopar-big-block-swap-kits-may-1988-982-1406-36-1

440 Duster: Big-Block Swap Kits for A-Body Mopars - MotorTrend

Jan 1, 2023In a Pro Parts test using a Duster equipped with the 511-hp RB engine kit, this combination was clocked at 10.86 seconds and 120 mph in the quarter. Quite respectable for a docile-appearing Mopar.
I saw that too. I understand it was a kit put together way back in the day. Maybe one of our older gurus would know.

If you have a degree wheel and dial indicator, you can measure the cam to get the cam specs.

I saw that too. I understand it was a kit put together way back in the day. Maybe one of our older gurus would know.
I'm about as old as they come,but aint no guru. Some detective work on your behalf should give the specs on the cam. Good luck! ruffcut

We don't have one.
You're going to want one to install a new cam anyways....
Screenshot_20240919_122213_Chrome.jpg

A must have for installing a cam! Otherwise it's a shot in the dark! Get help from a friend who knows how to degree a cam.
I'm sure my buddy has one.
So, looking through old paperwork from 1989 I have a part#.
Direct Connection P4120235. I'm trying to look that up. Any cross reference since DC is no longer a name?

Researching the hell out of this I found a Mancini Racing cam with that part #.
Specs-
Fits: B/RB 361-440, 284/484 Hyd Flat Tappet

.484" / .484" Lift. 239/239 Duration @ .050" 108 + 0 L/C

One Bolt Pattern

Street / Strip
The only difference was the duration. Going by the original cam, it was 241. Is that a big difference?

Auto Transport Service
Back