• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Leaf springs

crandall

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
What should I do about the leafsprings I have now? Is there a company to buy new ones for my 63 Belvedere? or should I just get the ones I have now refurbished?

I bought the 3400 lb SS springs from Mancini and put them on my 63. This is how it sits which is just how I like it. They are the same leaf springs an A-body takes. Ron

coollowes.jpg

I bought the 3400 lb SS springs from Mancini and put them on my 63. This is how it sits which is just how I like it. They are the same leaf springs an A-body takes. Ron

coollowes.jpg

These are the same ones I bought...:headbang:

thanks guys.. next step, install this Dana

Another set from Mancini of this one too..

Attachments

• Side shot.jpg
    Side shot.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 325
'63 Leafsprings are the same front segment and overall length as an A-body.

Lots of springs out there for A-body applications from Road Race to Cal-Trac to Superstock.

So do you recommend the 3400 or 3800lb springs for a BB 63 330? I'm looking for a rear stance/height much like the photo of Red63440. Thanks.

I put 3400 pound super stock springs on my 63 fury they work great bolt rite in I did the hole job in 2 hours. thanks Bob

- - - Updated - - -

forgot I got them form summit and new shackle bushings. Bob

Thanks Bob. I'm looking at Summit also as the supplier. I thought the springs came with new bushes but sounds like you bought them seperately? Or was that just the hangers? Cheers.

hi mopar440 the springs came with the front hanger bushing I got rear shackle bushings new form Summit I said if I got it apart should change them. thanks Bob

Here is another pic I took 2 weeks ago of my 63 with the Mancini 3400 lb SS springs and they have been on the car for about 5 years with no sagging. Ron

100_1920_zpsa363682a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is still sitting just the same as it did when I put these 3400 lb springs that are the same size as the Dart A-body springs. I have raced the car with them and drove it alot over the last 5 years. This pic was also taken about 2 weeks ago. Ron

100_1962_zps32227bf7.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back