• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64-65 4 speed trans

Ceedawg

Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
What I need is a side picture of shifter mounting spot, I have a 69 trans with 2 different tail housings I want to use in a 65 Belvedere. Looking for the 11” bell also but I’ll put that listing in the wanted section
Thanks

You need to use the forward mounting location. The one closest to the speedometer cable.
Forgot to add, trans mounting pad location also

Last edited:
Mine:

20190426_171158.jpg

This is the transmission out of my 1965 Coronet 500. It was a factory 426 four speed combo. I pulled this transmission out back in the 90's and it sat in a corner of my shop for years and years. Finally a guy offered me $500 for it so I sold it. I didn't want to sell it since I knew that if I ever needed one I wouldn't be able to find a complete unit with the shifter, but I hadn't used it in 30 years so why keep it?

DSC_1139 (Large).JPG

This is the transmission out of my 1965 Coronet 500. It was a factory 426 four speed combo. I pulled this transmission out back in the 90's and it sat in a corner of my shop for years and years. Finally a guy offered me $500 for it so I sold it. I didn't want to sell it since I knew that if I ever needed one I wouldn't be able to find a complete unit with the shifter, but I hadn't used it in 30 years so why keep it?

View attachment 1660883
Thank you, that shows everything I need to know. Even thought it’s a console type it shows Trans mount location and shifter arms layout. The only difference is I’ll use a slip joint instead of trunion

Auto Transport Service
Back