• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet 500 with 340 (newb)

coronet340

Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
HELLO ALL!

I purchased a Mopar a few years ago because I fell in love the second I saw it. I'm pretty sure I over paid as I gave the guy $7500 but i'll let y'all be the judge of that. lol

Anyways, it has been in storage a few years and i have been dragging it around the country with me. As stated it is a 1967 Coronet 500 with what I believe is the original auto tranny. obviously not the original motor. I am a fan of the 340 because i come from the motorcycle world and love high revving engines. I have never driven this car but with carefully placed screwdriver it would start and run/idle for a bit.
But i do need all the advice i can get because i do not know as much about cars as i do bikes.

this car is pretty much stock i think except the motor. it has a rather large cam in it that i am getting degreed because i have no idea whats in there. the body is insanely straight and after going over it with a magnet i havent found any bondo. there is very very minimal rust on one rear quarter panel. but it does have three layers of paint. one of the plastic caps around the tail light is pushed in and dings on the bumpers but thats about it.

My goal now is to get it road worthy and enjoy it while i upgrade (my day one plan was a frame off resto hahahaha)
THINGS I KNOW THE CAR NEEDS:
Rewired as it has been butchered (going with a Rebel 21 circuit harness)
Brakes (no pressure at the pedal) but i want to keep the drums for now
A carb (the one on it seems to have been taken apart at one time. unsuccessfully i might add)
seats bolted back in (previous owner just had them reupholstered)

UPGRADES:
Convert the old single plane intake (i think its a edlebrock db40 but i forgot the actual code) to a new alum dual plane
650 cfm carb
sand down to bare metal and epoxy primer for now until i am ready for a really nice paint job
4 wheel disk brakes
msd or something elec ignition
X pipe exhaust (possibly headers but it sounds great the way it is - may just get the ones on it powder coated)
a 4 or 5 speed tranny (no idea where to start on that one)
have the bumpers straightened out.

ALSO:
most of my tools were stolen so i need a good starting point on that as well. i was looking at a craftsmen 200 - 300 piece set. this should do just about everything i'm assuming?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
t

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 199
Glad to have you here. from the photos, your car looks pretty straight.

Welcome aboard! Good looking car hope you have fun with it...

Welcome aboard, you'll find this site comes in very handy "lot's of top notch guys onboard that are willing to help". As for whether or not you payed to much, you said what really matters "I fell in love with it". You've got to look at it like this, I bought a 69 Charger for a good price but the reason it was cheap is because it was a basketcase needing allot of metal so I would be willing to bet when your done with yours you'll likely have allot less money in yours even after paying $7,500. Congrats on a sweet car

If its a 500 it should have come with the side moulding.

i'm guessing with one of the three paint jobs they pulled it and filled in the holes but i do know its a 500.
and to be honest i would of pulled it off any way. the body lines on this year are too clean to run trim IMO

Auto Transport Service
Back