• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 dash/underhood wiring

67GeeTeeX

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I can't think of a more aggravating subject than re-wiring dash lines for our cars.

I have several under dash connector sockets that are burned or just crumbling. The head light and the ignition sockets are hit the hardest.

I need to find a source for just the connectors/sockets.

I've seen whole harnesses for sale from $400 to $1000. No thanks all the same.

Any one with ideas or sources?

Thanks

it wouldnt be new but you could buy a used harness of ebay to swap out for those sockets 50 bucks is a lot better than 400 just ask ask how the connectors are i do know that some of your local parts stores carry or can get pig tail connectors for example im pretty sure autozone sells the headlight sockets for a few bucks a piece

Having just replaced most every wire in my Duster I can tell you it's worth every penny. I'm far from a "novice" wrenching and have done component level electronics for a living, but all that wiring is old. The insulation is old, brittle, and probably cracking. You already have burnt and crumbling connectors.

Do yourself a favor and replace it all with new. You'll be glad you did

Hey 67 GeeTeeX, I was in your shoes about a month ago. I looked all over for factory connectors to replace my burned up and corroded ones. I didn't want to spend the big bucks on a repop from Y/O so I went Ron Francis and am very happy with the results. I have ATC style fuses now and all the additional circuits I could possibly need. Tidied up my wiring big time. PM me if you'd like more details.

I replaced all the wiring in my Demon with Painless. The old wiring had most of its insulation broken off and a fire was next in line,

Gents! Thanks for all the good leads and info. The idea about buying a used one cheap just for the plugs is something I'll look into. The harness I have now only smokes a little, but only when the headlights are on, so I'll wait on the Painless or YO sets for later!! LOL
THANKS ALL
67GeeTeeX (Dave)

Auto Transport Service
Back