• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 gtx help please!

Gear Dog

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
67 gtx 055.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 051.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 052.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 053.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 048.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 057.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 056.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 049.jpgtues dec 4 gtx and 84 caddy 054.jpgdec 5 2013 67 gtx pictures and video 006.jpgdec 5 2013 67 gtx pictures and video 004.jpgdec 5 2013 67 gtx pictures and video 001.jpg67 gtx 042.jpg20131212_113423.jpg20131212_113356.jpgI have to make a very important decision so please help a novice. I will fill you in then you can see the pics. I found a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere GTX for sale that is in immaculate condition. ENGINE: Its had a complete engine and tranny rebuild. its got a 440 that's now .30 over, with 516 heads 78cc and big exhaust valve. Forged pistons, and a Comp Cam Mopar 274/286 .488/.491 Extreme energy camshaft with kit k21-224-4. Springs, lifters, retainers, timing chain, Edelbrock performer dual plane intake. Holley 850 double pumper(rebuilt). A new Accel electronic dist. MSD coil, MSD 6AL. Holley Mechanical fuel pump. Aluminum water pump and housing. A Single wire alternator Chrome powermaster. New Ceramic Hedman Headers, with all new exhaust. New power steering box, and hoses. New brake lines and new fuel lines. Engine has 800 miles since rebuild. Starts up on first try. 60 lbs. oil pressure hot 90 lbs. cold. Runs and sounds great.TRANSMISSION: New B&M Flexplate, B&M 3000 hole shot converter. B&M shift kit not locked out shifts, standard with kick down trans is all new with deep pan. Has Big Driveshaft with NO U joints. REAREND: 8 3/4 rear with 489 case and a 3:23 gear. (NON) Sure Grip. New Gas Tank and sending unit. Now for the car itself. All new chrome trim, inside and out. Car painted 7 yrs ago. All new tires and Magnum 500's. the pics will speak for themselves but they don't do the car justice. This car IS RUST FREE!!! NO RUST ANYWHERE! it was an Arizona car always garage kept. All original metal. Now for some pics. Car Price $23,000 What do u think? Now here is where I need you experts help. Given what you've just seen and read, about the car, what would you still say if I told you the VIN starts with RP, not RS? im the guy who joined this site to find his dad a 67 GTX since a relative wrecked his, in a accident 7 months after he bought it new in 1967. I wanted to do this for my dad for Christmas. every REAL GTX I find on the net in this price range needs a lot of work and the ones that look this good are $60 or higher. I have to let the seller know by tmrw or someone else gets the car. PLEASE HELP!

Is it a factory big block car?

Does it have a sway bar and/or suspension upgrades?

Do you know the machine work done on the engine (receipts/dyno sheet, etc)

That is slightly more than absolute top dollar for a factory 383-4 67 Satellite.

If it truly is 100% rust free (or at least bondo and repair free), and it is a BB car, then if you add the cost/value of the 440 including parts and machine work, I think you might be OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, forgot you listed the engine build..

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen less car sell for more money. That's for sure.

I'd say it's a nice satellite, not a GTX... That is top dollar for a clone, although it would probably cost that much to get one on the road like that. It looks its at a used car dealership, i'd guess they paid no more than $12-14k for it. If you got the stones, I'd offer $18,500-20K cash in hand, and call their b.s. on selling to another person. Lots of people fall victim to the Christmas Car scenario.

I agree.

BTW, I had a 66 Coronet 318 poly, power windows and a/c.

I wrapped that one around two trees back in 1985.

Can you find and buy me one of those?

- - - Updated - - -

Last year, there was a super clean 67 "silver special" that someone painted red and installed a BB and vintage air in for sale at a dealer down here for 15K IIRC.

I just wonder whats better. A show piece GTX Clone where if u dont look at the vin u wouldnt know its a clone? Or an average GTX thats needs fixed up or maybe u have an engine thats needs rebuilt. I only have this money once.

It really depends on what matters to you. If all you care about is the look and not the "numbers" then a nice "clone" is probably the way to go. But, if you set out looking for a honest to goodness GTX, you would probably never be happy with a car that is not real no matter how nice it is.

Ooooh, a 4 speed a/c car!

I just wonder whats better. A show piece GTX Clone where if u dont look at the vin u wouldnt know its a clone? Or an average GTX thats needs fixed up or maybe u have an engine thats needs rebuilt. I only have this money once.

Based on the photo images it looks to be a nice car, but photos don't show everything clearly. If it's as good as you say it is in person I think the asking price is reasonable. Not suggesting you pay that amount but considering what it costs to restore a car 23k doesn't sound bad to me.
If I was interested in the car and had checked it over VERY well, I'd show up with truck, trailer and cash. Maybe make them a serious offer of 18K right then, right there, and see how it goes.

Restoration/rectification costs ad up in a hurry! For example: Recently I purchased a '68 Coronet Deluxe. It was a solid and complete, running/driving car, with new paint and new vinyl roof. I've already put $5,400.00 in parts alone into it.

I'm new here, but if a real GTX doesn't have the original engine, why not get a clone? Purists will look down on it either way! Have fun with a great looking car.

67 GTX is REAL easy to find an "original" engine for. No VIN on block from factory.

BTW the Daytona black GTX is still for sale 7 months later- 27K IIRC.

Hi together, I'm Manuel from Germany. I've bought the black GTX in april 2016. Looking for some additional information about the car, I found this board.
Has anyone here built the car up by himself or know somebody who knows somebody who did?
Hope to get some help here!?
Greetings, Manuel from Daimlertown Stuttgart

Hi together, I'm Manuel from Germany. I've bought the black GTX in april 2016. Looking for some additional information about the car, I found this board.
Has anyone here built the car up by himself or know somebody who knows somebody who did?
Hope to get some help here!?
Greetings, Manuel from Daimlertown Stuttgart
Show us some pictures.

Beautiful car. Enjoy it. See what that baby can do on the Autobahn.....no wheelies though.

Auto Transport Service
Back