• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Steering Column Collar Size

RebelautoengrLLC

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Guys, your input is greatly appreciated. My question is.. 67 floor shift columns seem to be a bit of an anomaly. They are collapsible and have the mesh outer tubes like the 68-70 columns, but are the steering collars a different OD than the 68-70s? I have the 66-67 woodgrain steering wheel that I want to install in my Coronet. Is there a difference on the OD trim at the base of the collar for the 66 to 67 woodgrain wheel? I bought a column, from a 67, but the collar size on the column is bigger than the OD trim on the wheel. Does anyone have a picture of their original floor shift column, more specifically around the collar/wheel mating area? Looking for some sanity or if I need a different steering wheel.

Found a pic showing what I would like to confirm... if the gap circled in blue is correct or not.

Coronet steering column.jpg

Coronet steering column zoom.jpg

Here's my 67 Satellite - original column and steering wheel, console auto. Collar is about 12 3/4" circumference

20240625_204933.jpg
20240625_205043.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back