• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Satellite Sport

James2024

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Roadkill/Roadkill Garage made me do it.
Finally talked a buddy of mine to give up his long abandoned project. Dragged it out of a bird and rodent infested old shed and started stripping it down.
I was an auto tech for many years, but bailed out when modern technology made them too stupid to diagnose and repair.
I have never done a restoration before. Hopefully, I’ve watched enough tv shows to get the body to a decent state.
Looking forward to learn how to modernize this old girl into the 21st century!

IMG_2884.jpeg

IMG_1471.jpeg

Welcome from Alabama, great you are saving a 68 B body. Make it yours.

A blank slate, as they say! No engine?

View attachment 1738372
It had a 383 in it. I took it apart and found the two cylinders that had open valves had a fair amount of corrosion from sitting so long . I managed to beat the pistons out. The block might be salvageable, but I haven’t taken any measurements yet. It had a 1964 build date on it, so not the original. One of the heads had a broken middle bolt hole casting somehow. (Why did that head bolt have a flat washer??)
The friend I bought it from has another 383 that comes with it. I haven’t checked it out yet. And I found a 400 I know nothing about, but it was free!

Roadkill/Roadkill Garage made me do it.
Finally talked a buddy of mine to give up his long abandoned project. Dragged it out of a bird and rodent infested old shed and started stripping it down.
I was an auto tech for many years, but bailed out when modern technology made them too stupid to diagnose and repair.
I have never done a restoration before. Hopefully, I’ve watched enough tv shows to get the body to a decent state.
Looking forward to learn how to modernize this old girl into the 21st century!

View attachment 1738354

View attachment 1738355
You can do it!
IMG_4629.gif
IMG_4626.gif
IMG_4625.gif
IMG_4619.gif
IMG_4617.gif
IMG_4620.gif
IMG_4614.gif
IMG_4613.gif
IMG_4599.gif