• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Super Bee Rescue

Superbee Sean

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
First time she’s been on her own feet and in the sun in almost 2 years!! Everything new from the rear rails to everything they connect to!!! Wow! Now that I recently retired, it shouldn’t be a long drawn out project, like it has been in the last few since started this. I’ve never done this before, but am very happy with the results so far! Thanks to all you members who have helped when I turned to this site for help!!

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2706.jpeg

IMG_2710.jpeg

IMG_2703.jpeg

Mine is almost at that point. Congrats and GET ER DONE.

Nice!!! That's a great feeling for sure. I love the 68 Super Bee. I hope you get her on the road soon and start enjoying driving her.

nice, I love the look of Mopars under construction....... do you have a trunk lid for that car? :popcorn2:

Looking good... So...... The bumpers are the Simon & Simon Light option?? :poke::poke::lol:

Nice work! I did notice that your garage door uses extension springs. I can't tell from the photos if the springs have safety cables installed. If not, I highly recommend them! I have had damage to a fender when a spring broke.
Mike

Very nice! Show us some pics of inside and underneath the car when you get a chance. (Some of us need inspiration)

nice, I love the look of Mopars under construction....... do you have a trunk lid for that car? :popcorn2:
I do, and it is roaches in the usual spot. I met a guy at Carlisle a few yrs back that repairs them, reached out to him and haven’t heard back. You know of anyone in the Northeast that does this work…..beyond my skill level and I would like to keep it original……

Nice work! I did notice that your garage door uses extension springs. I can't tell from the photos if the springs have safety cables installed. If not, I highly recommend them! I have had damage to a fender when a spring broke.
Mike
Yes they do have them on there. I built the garage just for this project…… I’ve been an Aircraft Mechanic my whole life, safety is alway paramount, thanks!

Looks like you making a brand new 68 ..... well done.
No, that my annals from being an Aircraft Mechanic / Inspector my whole life. It does slow me down at times…..I’m trying to make a “hey kids, let’s go get an ice cream and do a burnout on the way” and not a Mecum Action car!

Looking good... So...... The bumpers are the Simon & Simon Light option?? :poke::poke::lol:
Haha! Had to push her out and spin it around for the front end work. Used my tractor since a hill and no brakes meant she could have gotten away from me…..wife was helping (we need every advantage).!!!

First time she’s been on her own feet and in the sun in almost 2 years!! Everything new from the rear rails to everything they connect to!!! Wow! Now that I recently retired, it shouldn’t be a long drawn out project, like it has been in the last few since started this. I’ve never done this before, but am very happy with the results so far! Thanks to all you members who have helped when I turned to this site for help!!

View attachment 1708184

View attachment 1708185

View attachment 1708186

View attachment 1708187
Looking good brother!!!

Post your delivery address and I'll send you my car needing the back half done just like yours! :lol:

Fantastic work! Wish I had the self-confidence to tackle that level of work! Inspiring!

Auto Transport Service
Back