• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Best of luck Tim. I hate working with brakes. You have 4 wheel disc, correct? Manual brakes or power? What size master cylinder?

My front brakes came from Dr. Diff, 15/16" bore. I had hard/soft pedal for a while. I had to cinch down lines going into the distribution block a couple of times as it was sucking air, but not leaking. Then I had to get a replacement master cylinder as the first was leaking. Then I had to add a return spring to the pedal because the newer MS didn't have a strong enough spring to pull the pedal up constantly which resulted in inconsistent brakes.

Manual disk, 15/16, everything new. I removed proportioning valve. Next if that doesn't work I'm going to remove distribution block. If it still doesn't bleed then it must be the mc.

I went out and got a vacuum bleeding kit when my helper decided to go fishing instead of helping me. It wasn't too expensive and worked perfectly.

Worked on the heater/ac control. Got the Classic air switch installed. Had to make the connecting rod for the slider button. I think I found a place that has repop sliders so I'll be ordering those. If anyone wants my old ones let me know. I know you can buy the decals but I didn't like that idea.
View attachment 596323
Hi, Could you please pass on the Vendor that is reproducing the sliders. I can use a set for my 68. Thanks!

Well it's been a while but I finally won the battle with the brakes. Had a bad brand new distribution block. And then Cass aka Dr. Differential gave me some tips on bleeding the rear calipers with a video. So now I can work on getting it fired up. So glad to be done with brakes!

IMG_20240913_153006043_HDR.jpg

Well I finally got some time today to work on the X. Marked some things off the list. I had made some SS washers for the sheet metal valve covers to help seal. Also was running out of thread on valve cover studs. I may change them to allenhead bolts later as they are a pain. Probably put studs on bottom corners, but not for these 5/16 fine thread 12 pt nuts!

IMG_20240928_144516523.jpg

IMG_20240928_150835096.jpg

IMG_20240928_152803478.jpg

Dadsbeee do they repop the plugwire brackets in your picture.

@69 GTX, here is the breakdown on the various plug wire brackets that was used on these cars throughout the years and model runs. Todd Hoffman is the manufacturer, so just check with your favorite vendor as many of them carries the Hoffman line. You can purchase them individually or in a kit based on year or body and engine configuration.

Hoffman's Winners Circle Ignition Wire Brackets

So I ordered the plugwire brackets kit from Mega Parts. My question is should the raw metal be black, engine color, or raw?

IMG_20241004_111349283.jpg

I want to say the brackets should have engine paint overspray on them. I believe mine were orange when I tore my motor down several years ago.

So I ordered the plugwire brackets kit from Mega Parts. My question is should the raw metal be black, engine color, or raw?

View attachment 1737066

Based on my research looking at survivor cars and detailed photos of survivor engine compartments, they should be orange. Plug wire looms were in place before the engine was painted as an assembly.

IMG_4558.jpeg

Also does anyone make the plastic pieces for 8mm plugwires, or just rework these?

Auto Transport Service
Back