• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner side pinstripe?

Here are some pic's of another members car @ another site. The org accent stripe on my car was 1" below the body line and followed the body line all the way back at the 1" below. This member stated the same about his car when we had talked.

View attachment 16741

View attachment 16742
Thats 7W I beleive, my A12 has that but 7X (Black) Cool lookin stripe!

There were reflective, V6*, and non reflective, V8#, tape on stripes avalible. Both are in the dealer handbook with white, black and red offered. I guess it's possible some were added at the dealer but they were offered on new 69's
Accent stripes, V7*, were 1/8 painted on.
Here's a pic of my 68 in 1973 with the org accent stripe.

View attachment 16732
7W ?

There were reflective, V6*, and non reflective, V8#, tape on stripes avalible. Both are in the dealer handbook with white, black and red offered. I guess it's possible some were added at the dealer but they were offered on new 69's
Accent stripes, V7*, were 1/8 painted on.
Here's a pic of my 68 in 1973 with the org accent stripe.

View attachment 16732
Yes, My father worked Body & Paint at a dealership back in L.A. area after Viet Nam. I remember him doing a lot of these on weekends. Cuatomers would ask him to "Do it on the Side" on days off. He used either a brush (freehand) or a small paint roller tool called a Beugler Tool. I learned how, but was never a pro.

yes my car originally has a gloss black painted top , I will someday put it back that way , back in 84 when I bought it I was young and dumb ? I had no idea about fender tags and rare options , it had top trim and a black top and the rest of the body was primer . So i figured it needed a vinyl top , stupid me.
anyone have a picture of what this painted on stripe should look like ?

View attachment 16721
Did u scroll down & see rrunner's post?

Spring special packages would have the double wide stripe as part of that package. code would be a-14 with a vinyl top or a-15 with out the vinyl top. Package included hood performance stripes, magnum 500 rims, body belt moldings, and I think a sure grip but not sure on that.
But NOT painted Black N96 Super Bee scoops as some claim

There were only 2 Pinstripe TAPE colors offered from Chrysler on the 69 RR
Both were REFLECTIVE, code V6W was the White Reflective dual sport stripe color and V6R was the Red Reflective. Black was NOT offered from Chrysler, only from the aftermarket stripe cutters.

Below is an example of the V6W factory original white reflective dual sports stripe- this option was also part of the A15 Spring Special option on this car.

http://www.quicksilverdiecast.com/servlet/the-7116/1969-Road-Runner/Detail

V7X code would have been a Black painted upper body pinstripe option
What is 7X ?

V7* is a accent stripe, this was a 1/8 painted siingle stripe, while the others were V6* or V8*. The * decodes the color of the stripe, popular ones are X=black, W=white, R=red
What is 7X on a Plymouth A12 tag? Govier said it was a Longitudal black pinsteipe. But who knows 30/40 yrs later. Poor guy

V6# is the reflective tape dual stripe, red or white only. V7# is a single painted-on stripe, painted on with rollers at the factory (beugler tool?)
It looks just like the 68 above, follows the fender/door line, at about where the bottom spear of the dual tape stripe would be. Could be black, red, white, blue, or green.

View attachment 1717682
Yessir. Beugler tool
I still have 2 that were my fathers. But dont think theyre worth trying to use. One has a Pentastar on the barrel. Wish I could dig it out!

Auto Transport Service
Back