• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger FC7 V-Code Restoration

Mopar Jar

Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
Sorry, this is way behind schedule. So this project started about 3+ years ago and I am hoping to have my ride completed by October 2024. The Charger has been in the family for the last 42 years, and finally got enough savings to get the body redone. She has a 440 6 Pak w/HEMI 4 Speed (not original), missing the original Dana 60, but has a good heavy duty 8 3/4 with 391 gears. Along with the body work, the shop is doing complete front end and engine gaskets since they have the car, saves me time but not $. I am looking forward to cruising with my daughters this fall?? Baring any further delays. Here are some images from start to present.... will post more as progress continues.

70 Charger 6T .jpg70 Charger 6VV .jpg70 Charger 5H .jpg70 Charger 10W .jpg

Wow. Looks good. Needed a lot of metal. What happened to the Dana and original engine?

Yes entire rear clip all new metal. As for the original Dana and engine no clue, picked up this beauty from years of neglect. So plan is to save more $ and get the Dana 60 1st. As I have a rebuilt 440 HP motor just put in today.

70 Charger 13 A_ FINAL STAGE.jpeg

If you are not concerned about an oem rearend, I have found that buying a Strange 60 from Dr. Diff is a cheaper alternative. Nice looking car by the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back