• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger value?

It's pretty hard to find a running,driving second gen Charger,with new paint,a fresh stroker big block and a 4 speed for under 35k these days.

Don't forget the aftermarket tach and the upgraded radio!
:lol:

No problem. Take your time shopping,and find the best Charger you can find within your budget.

Shiny bits and new parts under the hood do not make a car.
Always remember, the cars rot away and the engines are all over the place. In WI I can find a dozen 440's sitting on a pallet or a tire for sale for every actual vehicle to put them in.
The vehicle needs to have value driven by the actual vehicle. The car you posted could be worth $50k with no engine in it if the restoration was done properly otherwise.
Flippers always do the easy stuff.
And never trust" new floor pans". People do patches or panel bond new steel on top of the old and call it new. That might be fine for the work truck/tow rig but not on a "collectors car" priced in collectors market. Same with trunks. You go look, and see new steel on top but underneath has been blasted with truck bed liner or under coating watch out.

I appreciate the specific advice. This thread is very beneficial for me.
Although having fairly successfully purchased numerous cars and motorcycles online, no doubt this an entirely different animal. Thanks!

That's what we are here for. Some of the people here have been doing this for decades. I have more than a few of them myself,and have learned the hard way along the way.

The 70 Charger that you posted could potentially be a nice cruiser, depending on the level of the work that was done to it. It is hard to tell by just a couple of photos. The owner might have the 60k into the car as well, but to make the car into what you would want it to be, you could easily throw 20 grand plus into it, therefore you can't pay 60 grand for the car. The car has had all the usual work done as far as metal replacement of a vehicle that is from the rust belt. Starting with the best possible body that can be found is crucial to the best Charger build possible.

Starting with the best possible body that can be found is crucial to the best Charger build possible.

1723998010213.jpeg

Uh, oh...

A WIW thread.

All those mods throw off a LOT of value estimates.

1970 DODGE CHARGER 318-235hp (8cyl-2V) AT
#4#3#2#1
500 2dr Htp18250319004560066600
2dr Htp17200301004300062800

Add:
383-290hp (8cyl-2V)15%
383-335hp (8cyl-4V)25%
4spd manual trans5%
Air conditioning10%
Power windows3%
SE pkg15%
Can you tell me what source you got this info from. Is it your preferred overall estimator or better on certain models? Thanks again!

In other words it was a rot box.
Well, if those areas weren't repaired, it would certainly be a rot box. How many second-gen Chargers were never rusty? I'd surmise very very few. Isn't it a good thing that those problem areas were repaired? I can't comment on the asking price but it looks like a solid build, as long as it's not pretending to be something it's not (i.e. an R/T). Just playing devil's advocate.

Well, if those areas weren't repaired, it would certainly be a rot box. How many second-gen Chargers were never rusty? I'd surmise very very few. Isn't it a good thing that those problem areas were repaired? I can't comment on the asking price but it looks like a solid build, as long as it's not pretending to be something it's not (i.e. an R/T). Just playing devil's advocate.

You're right, but one has to wonder about the thoroughness and quality of work done because there are a lot of perfumed pigs in this car hobby. A always, caveat emptor.

You're right, but one has to wonder about the thoroughness and quality of work done because there are a lot of perfumed pigs in this car hobby. A always, caveat emptor.
No doubt about that! That's one of the reasons why I didn't have my Charger body & paint done for over 25 years, because I didn't "know a guy" I could trust to do it safely and properly, and the way I wanted and envisioned it. I knew my guy was doing a proper, thorough job when he pointed out areas that were better than expected, and the inevitable "hidden nasties" like my torsion bar crossmember rusting out at the ends. I was very fortunate to meet him when my insurance appraiser recommended him after he did his own car.

Auto Transport Service
Back