• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 tail panel not red?

davek

Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
was told on this site all Bees had red on the back tail panel ,this is a pic on numbers matching origail owner. His is black like mine. Sooo am I old and cant see?
70_super_bee_05.jpg

I've seen other 70 Super Bees over the years with the Black instead of the Red. Check this car out

here's another one that is in the Super Bee registry. It is fade off in some sections but you can see the black

59756311-770-0@2X.jpg

Last edited:
Well, they never had a 440 six pack emblem on them, or on the hood scoops. I wouldn’t use this car as a reference for restoration.

Car may be the original owners.. but it was certainly restored / repainted. Badging is totally incorrect. No Chrysler worker EVER installed a jack decal that straight

I also agree with Moes... look at the left side around the tail lights, it certainly looks red.

so would the red be the same red on the dog dish caps?

Well, they never had a 440 six pack emblem on them, or on the hood scoops. I wouldn’t use this car as a reference for restoration.

I have seen the 440 six pack emblem on the scoops before. Not on the tail panel. However, I do not believe any of the "restoration" sites sell this emblem. Someone may have taken some liberties with this restoration. As for the tail panel, the Coronet brochure for 1970 does show the tail panel with red striping. Also has the front grilles with red accent.

would love to see the red accent on the grill,guess Ill have to google it

:thumbsup: ok check this out after looking at over 60 car pics I believe this is the case. If you have a 383 Bee tail panel is black. 426,440 cars were red. Looked at cars that did not seem altered and were for sale 1968-1970. Does anyone have a 383 and is the original owner that can tell us if this is the case?

can anyone tell me what the correct red is for the tail panel. i"m also looking for the correct color for the ramcharger on backside of hood, and is a 70 dodge 440 block paint hemi orange. My engine is going to be done soon would like to have it painted the right color. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

If you have a 383 Bee tail panel is black.

Dave, I had an orginal 70 383 4 speed Bee in the late 80s and the tail panel had the red on it. I've learned over the years you never know what Ma Mopar did and the reasons for it. It could be that a run of bee panels that got the black paint was because they ran out of red paint and they did not want to hold up the production line so they painted them black who knows. Like I said who knows what Ma Mopar was doing. I seen a few Mopars that had stuff that should have had it over the years.

70 440 hp orange non hp I believe was blue. I used the same color from my dog dish caps. I dont know what your asking on the air grabber ,between grabber and hood?

Dave, here is a 70 Coronet R/T with the red around the grills

1970-Dodge-Coronet-Muscle%20&%20Pony%20Cars--Car-100915088-c2354fc2defcbda433c18b790477e270.jpg

1970-Dodge-Coronet-Muscle%20&%20Pony%20Cars--Car-100915088-280ce29f2ee51fb80a8bb50374a89eda.jpg

70 440 hp orange non hp I believe was blue. I used the same color from my dog dish caps. I dont know what your asking on the air grabber ,between grabber and hood?
Thread started for tail panel accent color, red or black. None of them were orange or blue. Not asking anything on the hood or air grabber. Comment was brochure shows red trim color on perimeter of each front grille.

Thread started for tail panel accent color, red or black. None of them were orange or blue. Not asking anything on the hood or air grabber. Comment was brochure shows red trim color on perimeter of each front grille.
Joe D asked 6 replies up.

wonder if its only for coronets not super bees

Auto Transport Service
Back