• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 and 73 satellite sedans.....which one to keep?

Mikeystoy

Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
I have a very rough, running, driving, 71 satellite sedan. It's bottom barrel base model, /6, 3 speed, 8 1/4 3.27 gears. The car has very little rust, but every panel has some damage. Interior is haggard.
The 73 sedan I just picked up WAS a 318/727 car and is loaded with ps, a/c, pb, discs, 8 1/4. There is no engine, but did come with a dubious 727.
The front half of the 73 is nice, both rear doors and quarters are full of filler, it has more rust than the 71, it is rusted around the rear window and water is getting into the trunk. Water is also getting into the front floors. The 71 stays dry.
I'm leaning towards using the 73 for parts on the 71, as it has less rust. I'd swap over the ps pb and discs as well as the nice interior. I don't know if there's a benefit to the isolated k member or not

I already like the 71 simply because it's a slant car with the extra pedal. ......of course I would leave it a six myself but may not be your flavor.

The 71 sounds like a neat car. Plus it's running, driving, and doesn't have much rust.

Agree with above. Unique car, can fix while enjoying it, /6 means affordable cruising. Can ad an of 833 OD for long legs. Do a Hyper - Pak under hood & enjoy !

I would deffinetly go with the 71! The aftermarket offers more suspension parts for 71-72 than 73-74 models. Everything for a Roadrunner or Charger will fit under there too. Use as much of the 73 as you can cause these cars are getting harder to find. Got some pics?

Last edited:
The market is better for 71/72 cars because lots of guys want them to make ADAM-12 Mac Wagons.

Auto Transport Service
Back