• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 gull wing spoiler

Why not put a WTB thread up and get an original one? Those are the best.

First Place Auto used to make the best ones, after the owner died Metro I believe bought them out and had a few top quality ones left. Not sure if they still do. I have been looking for a fairly priced blade as my repop has sagged significantly in the center.

As others have stated, the spoilers from FPAP were the most correct next to originals. Unfortunately with the passing of Fritz, Trim Parts bought the FPAP line of products. Trim Parts has been acquired by the RPUI parent corporation and they have dropped some of the best Mopar reproduction Parts. The FPAP line of spoilers has been out of production for around six years.

Currently, Dale's Cuda Shop offers a good alternative for the various spoilers

First Place Auto used to make the best ones, after the owner died Metro I believe bought them out and had a few top quality ones left. Not sure if they still do. I have been looking for a fairly priced blade as my repop has sagged significantly in the center.
I was once told that that’s how you’d tell the originals fl. Was at the Nats in 86 and a fellow was talking to his buddy ( a collector at the time ) and said see how those spoilers sag in the heat ( before reproduction ) made sense to me ( I was ease dropping )

I imagine that these are current varieties that most of the other vendors are selling and that are imported. If you read the fine print, it states that availability is based on what the supplier can offer to them. They are not in stock.

First Place Auto Parts was under the Trim Parts / RPUI brand unless it was sold off when PUI did some reorgization. If you look at Trim Parts site, the spoilers are no longer listed.

Like most restoration parts, there is probably three different varieties of these spoilers on the market. I know that weight and finish is different amongst what is on the market.

Auto Transport Service
Back