• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 charger bumper fillers

I'm a little confused on the 1973-74 Charger bumper filler pieces front and rear. Several years ago, I bought a reproduction complete set (all 6 pieces) and they are stored away. I just pulled them out and looked at them and they look great. Are they not reproducing them now? There is a little difference in the color but I'd use a flex paint to get them to match anyways. I believe Nacho had this topic posted 10 years ago and that's how I found these. See photos.
Terry W.

Bumper Fillers New 1.jpg

Bumper Fillers New 2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, there is a guy who originally was making the front bumper fillers reproductions and being sold on ebay. With a help member of the 3rd gen Charger board we made a group buy for these which were EXACT pieces to the originals.

Then he tried to make the 4 corners. I got a free sample of those (saved somewhere between my stash of parts) and made to sold some others. They weren’t the best result but it was at least a solution. The ones I got are made in silicone, but he tried on urethane later, like the originals. Those weren’t available yet like they are now initially being sold by FMMOPAR on ebay.

He also tried to make the center rear and got to make some ones, but they weren’t successful either. I never got that one. I think it was just the top side without the bottom edge to attach to the bumper? I can’t recall.

Of course no one of the 5 pieces made as an experiment got the metallic reinforcements. We need to reuse the originals.

The front center was the only PERFECT one.

I think that was maybe 13-15 years ago?

Mmm I didn’t recall the later batches being closer to the originals than the set he sent me. Good to know.

The first threads I made about these were before being member of FBBO.

Mmm I didn’t recall the later batches being closer to the originals than the set he sent me. Good to know.

The first threads I made about these were before being member of FBBO.
I did get some of the silicone ones but these were much better. I couldn't get the silicone ones to work properly. I don't know what I did with the silicone ones. I wish I could remember where I got these.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back