• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Dodge Charger SE Big Block Motor Mounts Where to Buy

garyinmich

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Anyone out there know a source for 73 Charger Big Block (Spool Type) motor mounts? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Search the threads here. I believe many people have had Chinesium issues with motor mount fitment.

Look at 440 Source and Mancini. Spend the money for better parts.

I have *** U.S.A. made *** Spool Motor Mounts…..

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested….. Craig….

( I purposely hunted them down , and stocked up , because as Billccm notes ^^^ above ^^^ , the Chineseum mounts are frequently misaligned….. )

If you have the mounts/brackets, you can replace just the bushing and service the mounts. Don’t need a full mount replacement.

Last edited:
If you have the mounts/brackets, you can replace just the bushing and service the mounts. Don’t need a full mount replacement.
Have you ever replaced the bushing? Any special tools required?

Have you ever replaced the bushing? Any special tools required?

Never have needed to replace them because I found a NOS set of mounts set dirty cheap locally in Venezuela 15 years ago, but they are really serviceable and not hard to do for any semi-competent mechanic or shop.

Last edited:
NOS Mopar show up on ebay quite often for under $100 for a pair.

On this case NOS parts are not a guarantee of good conditions or really able to last long talking about rubber parts.

I am restoring a 74 right now. The majority of the original rubber suspension parts are still serviceable at 50 years old. Modern rubber breaks down in a stupid amount of time. I would trust a 50 year old factory NOS part way more then the current offerings.

10 years ago I bought poly mounts for my 73 from Mancini and they're still in good condition......this in a car that goes 10.65 in the quarter with a 5000 stall converter and 10.5 inch slicks.

I like and use poly parts where available. Modern rubber though leaves a lot to be desired.

Not saying it won’t work, but just not a guarantee. Depending on storage conditions

Never have needed to replace them because I found a NOS set of mounts set dirty cheap locally in Venezuela 15 years ago, but they are really serviceable and not hard to do for any semi-competent mechanic or shop.
Thanks to you and everyone else for the input. I will probably just replace the inserts.

Auto Transport Service
Back