• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Rallye 440 TX9

Doing some plumbing.

IMG_3692.JPG

I have a feeling I'm going to be asking you for full sized reference photos of that engine compartment. :thumbsup:

Got the tank installed and lines hooked up.

IMG_3705.JPG
IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG

Started on the rear axle. Stripped down so I can clean and add the NOS sure grip I have. Making a mess!

IMG_3733.JPG

Rare day off mid week so I took advantaged and de-grimed the rear end, and cleaned up the leaf springs then got them painted. Revealed lots of neat markings on the rear thanks to years of grease for the paint dab folks.

IMG_3743.JPG
IMG_3744.JPG
IMG_3745.JPG
IMG_3746.JPG
IMG_3747.JPG
IMG_3748.JPG

I was not planning on it. Not sure how I would feel about a big BJ on the rear of it!

Damn time flys. After Carlisle splitting time between this and the 70 tear down.
Dropped off the heater core with Glen Ray at Carlisle and here it is already. Nice work as always!

IMG_3824.JPG

Got the third member stripped down to add the NOS sure grip I have had on the shelf. It had some light rust from sitting around for 50 years but cleaned up nicely. Pressed on the bearings from Dr Diff.

IMG_3803.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG
IMG_3828.JPG

Put the third member on the mount and got the back lash and did an pattern check so I can get it as close as possible since I am using the original gears, just adding the sure grip.

IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3834.JPG
IMG_3837.JPG

Housing is all cleaned up and painted. New inner seals installed.

IMG_3848.JPG
IMG_3843.JPG

Got the gear set is done and installed in the housing. Also got the rear valance installed.

Mila says Hi!

IMG_3861.JPG
IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3858.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back