• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90s problems

ESOXER

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Back to the good old days!
I've got a CD stuck in my CD player in my Cummins. Just was thinking about removing my faceplate and hiding CDs in my trunk in the 90s.
I still haven't gotten the CD out lol.

Try to pull very easy on it while pushing the eject button over and over, or sometimes a couple good thumps on the dash will get all the little parts in place.

MY 1999 Dakota SLT 4x4 has a CD player/cassette player
still works great
I had one CD that wouldn't come out well or play right, when it came out
never put it back in the truck, Jimmy Hendricks IIRC,
no problems otherwise, some 25+ year & going
truck it only has like 62k miles thou

but I don't use the cassette anymore

Budnicks 99 Dakota 4x4 #3.JPG

IIRC I got a dental tool, long tooth pick stainless steel deal
with a "sharp" short 45* angle on the end,
I put a lil' pressure on the front edge of the CD 'pushing it/& up in a lil' (IIRC) '
while I hit the eject button & it finally came out, never to go back in again...

I looked at the affected CD, it was a bit thicker than most of mine...

Only CD that did it ever

I have a 98 Landcruiser I bought a few years ago with its factory cassette player which I use all the time but it randomly ejects the tape. I push it back in and could be fine all day or it ejects again a few secs later. Closest 90s prob I got on the topic unless we want to talk about being super broke in the 90s.

Auto Transport Service
Back