• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Cave Man Catches a Ride With George Jetson

I'll stick with my Challenger. I can drive for 4 hrs and stop at a gas station for 10min and be back on the road for another 4 hrs all with cruise set at 75.

I'll stick with my Challenger. I can drive for 4 hrs and stop at a gas station for 10min and be back on the road for another 4 hrs all with cruise set at 75.
Takes ya that long?? What are ya doing with that extra 5 minutes!!? lol

Man, your Durango must suck on gas mileage lol......and my 2000 went for over 20 years until the X decided to run it without water until it puked. Oh well....my 95, 96 Dakotas and 97 2500 diesel truck still seem to like me. What does a new battery cost for a Tesla? I hear they are NOT cheap. And still do not like charging a battery of any kind in my shop. For some reason we are not hearing about battery fires anymore. Why is that?
It totally sucks on gas mileage, but I love the darn thing and can't seem to let it go. :lol:

Every time I see one of these

images (15).jpeg

I think of this Twilight Zone episode

PDVD_031.jpg

It totally sucks on gas mileage, but I love the darn thing and can't seem to let it go. :lol:
I could easily get 30% better gas mileage than my X got and it was easy to do but that only meant 13-14 in town. That car was the only one we ever owned that stood up to her way of driving and that was probably because it was ordered with all the heavy duty stuff that was available including LSD! I hated to see that car go away but was glad to see her gone LOL. It took me awhile to realize that but it wasn't all that long. I still miss the Durango though :lol:

p.s. I rented a Kia EV for work just to see what they're like and, no surprise, a Kia EV is just as crappy as the Kia gas burner version. As with everything, brand matters.

Thanks for that comment. Yes, the last time I was in an EV I drove a Nissan Leaf. I got the same impression as your Kia: Weak, plasticky, .... junk. I think that why this ride in the Tesla 6-7 years later is so surprising. My expectations were pretty low but this Tesla turned out to be quite a piece of technology.

... and (embarrassingly) a little quicker than 4 out 5 of my "hot rods". :lol:

Well, I got a ride in a Tesla Model Y Dual Motor with sport package last night... and it changed my perspective. I see why people like these things. It was very comfortable, handled great, and was very snappy. Reportedly a 12.5 quarter, 155 mph top speed and a 300 mile range and will charge up to 160 mile range in 15 minutes. Other impressions from the cave man perspective:

Outer doorhandles are nearly identical to Kindigit's custom door handles. They are flush, then you push them in and they pop out to grab.
The entire roof was glass.
There is no "dash" in a traditional sense. Just a computer tablet between the driver and passenger seat that does everything.
There is no door handle to pull to get out from the inside. You push a button and the door opens.
Other than a single orifice to fill your washer fluid, there is no visible mechanical/electrical device to maintain on the entire car.

The auto pilot was also demonstrated (pretty impressive) and it has a bunch of crazy features like karaoke, sound effects (the owner has it set up to "fart" when people approach it), and all kinds of other entertaining things that I can see would be vary attractive to the smart phone generation. Really, the dang thing "sees" and "hears" its environment and responds to it. I had visions of Skynet and the Terminator.

Anyhow... yeah, I am a caveman and the world is evolving past me.
...and after about 8 years the car will be absolutely worthless and unsaleable.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that every single Tesla on the road looks exactly like every other Tesla on the road. Mods = Zero. The only difference is the *** in the seat. Oh yeah, they made 3 blue ones and 2 red ones.

...and after about 8 years the car will be absolutely worthless and unsaleable.
I haven't forgotten paying a premium for a Volkswagen Rabbit diesel in the early 80s, in the name of extreme fuel economy, purchase price was three times what I paid for Baby Blue. Five years later I sold it for $200. Started driving vintage Imperials a few years later.

I'm making it a point to buy the car that gives the electric car industry the double middle finger loudly and proudly without fake exhaust sounds and vibrations!

9cb39e882d8a48869069450c4dcbfbab.jpg

I'm making it a point to buy the car that gives the electric car industry the double middle finger loudly and proudly without fake exhaust sounds and vibrations!

View attachment 1705536
Tell the dealer a "Beemer" is a motorcycle whereas the correct term for a BMW car is "Bimmer". What kind of dealer outfit are you dealing with anyway? :D

How close in color is that car to Tunisian Tan Poly?

Tell the dealer a "Beemer" is a motorcycle whereas the correct term for a BMW car is "Bimmer". What kind of dealer outfit are you dealing with anyway? :D

How close in color is that car to Tunisian Tan Poly?
It's GY8 Gold Metallic Poly! They call it Gold Rush. That's the color I want,That place just happened to have a redeye widebody in that color for sale. I think that car has already sold. I'm a year away from getting one. A few more project cars have to be sold before I am ready to get one.until then I have the red Challenger to row some gears in!

This Purple one is nearby and priced exactly where I want to be! I wish I was ready to buy now!

2019_dodge_challenger-pic-5309247201422643445-1024x768.jpeg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that every single Tesla on the road looks exactly like every other Tesla on the road. Mods = Zero. The only difference is the *** in the seat. Oh yeah, they made 3 blue ones and 2 red ones.
You'd be really surprised at how many of those things are on the road here in Nevada. Tesla has a large production presence here and in Reno a huge repair facility for body and everything else on those. It is wall-to-wall of those Teslas either brand new or used going through something or another. Hell... my weekly grocery trip...20 miles one way so 40 miles round trip...I usually can count the sightings of them from anywhere from 20 to 50 plus on the road in either direction. Not to mention the Rivians, and Generic Mortors EVs along with the Ford Lightening 150. Nevada has embraced the EV revolution but not me!!! Hot August Nights is now in full swing and there most likely ain't a single damn EV showing up. With all these EVs here, I have yet to see a charging facility either. Guess the owners are using their homes for that:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::usflag::usflag::usflag:...cr8crshr/Bill

Because they're not using "taxed" gas...

Electric vehicle owners in Pa. will need to pay an extra fee starting in 2025​

Lawmakers say it makes EV owners pay their fair share for road maintenance, since they are avoiding taxes at the gas pump.

The fees are among the highest in the country. Pennsylvania now joins states such as Ohio, West Virginia, Georgia, and Alabama in charging EV owners at least $200 extra per year.

Electric vehicle owners in Pa. will need to pay an extra fee starting in 2025 | StateImpact Pennsylvania

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Lawmakers say it makes EV owners pay their fair share for road maintenance, since they are avoiding taxes at the gas pump.

The fees are among the highest in the country. Pennsylvania now joins states such as Ohio, West Virginia, Georgia, and Alabama in charging EV owners at least $200 extra per year.

Electric vehicle owners in Pa. will need to pay an extra fee starting in 2025 | StateImpact Pennsylvania

Never saw THAT coming!

It's about time.

Auto Transport Service
Back