• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber Hood

CANIBUILD4U

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Guys I found a man that has a Air Grabber Charger hood with in 2hrs drive from me says he has to have $1200.00 for it but says a couple of holes was drilled in it somewhere that wasnt factory holes but wasnt no prob to fix......Im not sure what all mechanical parts on the vacuum controls is still on the bottom of the hood if any but thought $1200.00 with no shipping charges involved is high . What do you guys think? He also has a 71 RT power bulge louvered hood that Im not sure if I like that he said he would take less but havent yet told me how much less . What do you guys think is the going prices for these hoods?

Where are you located? I may be interested in whichever hood you dont take, really wanting a grabber but wouldn't turn down an R/T cause I can always buy a superbee insert

Im in West Virginia TNMOPARMAN . I will keep you posted . I think Im going to get the air grabber ....I will decide soon . I cant believe Im even considering paying that much . I stole the my 74 Charger for only $2000.00 its in great shape, fairly low mileage at 80,432 , runs great never been redone inside or out . These parts is killn me though and Im just starting .

Yes parts are expensive. And rare stuff like your looking for is always Big Coin if you can find it. Their is or was an outfit offering Air-grabber conversion parts for a standard hoods. I do not have all the details but somebody on this forum will know. I think they on located on the west coast. These parts were high quality injection molded plastic, I seen one setup on a 72 RR and it looked great. Good luck.

Thanks a lot guys . I actually bought the air grabber last night off the guy . I think about 75% of what I need to make it function is with the hood . Where can I get a diagram and parts list to see what Im missing? Where can I get the info to know how to put all this together? Oh TNMOPARMAN I looked at the RT louvered hood he had and it was in great condition all but 2 things the louvers is made of some kind of cast metal and has a very slight sag downwards across them and he claimed there is some kind of metal tray with a drain that was missing on the under side to catch rain water ....I have no idea but the actual hood still had the original paint and was in great shape . He tried to sell it to me for $1000.00 . This guy has box trailors full of 71-74 charger parts .

hmmmmmmmmm, where in west virginia exactly and how flexible is he on prices?

No in Ripley Wv BuckNeccid and TNMOPARMAN he isnt flexible at all . He actually has lots of parts , Im sure I will probably hit him up for more things later . He has all 71-74 Charger parts , a few box trailers full and several salvage cars . He has been putting a few things on Ebay but dont know what all he would sell . I can get ya hooked up with him if you are interested in that hood .

Those 71 up charger hoods are high dollar parts. Not like a roadrunner airgrabber of those years. You can take a flat satellite hood and buy the kit to make it an airgrabber, but not the charger , because it was on the power buldge hood. The non air grabber powerbuldge hoods are still high for those years. I do not think that you did bad at all on the air grabber for that price, and even the 71 R/T hood is probably a decent buy for a grand if you needed it. Not as good as the airgrabber hood, but still hard to find in decent shape. The louvers are a 2 piece design and has a top and a bottom piece with drains as he said. Congrats. Matt

About a year or so ago i saw a 70 roadrunner air grabber hood on ebay that was bid up to 2600 bucks. i think it was still "reserve not met" but not sure. last week i called an ad on craigslist here in Calif. a guy was parting out 2 chargers, he had already sold his plain power bulge hood for 700.00 and wanted 550.00 for a front bumper and hideaway headlights.
the rare parts are still commanding the money, there are just less buyers with the money. sellers like that guy with the hoods know what they have and hold pretty firm on thier price, but if there were more buyers with money they would be running up the prices even higher. it sounds like both hoods were a fair deal.
i wish i still had the 70 roadrunner i had in the 80's 440/4 speed car (had a 383 at the time) with air grabber hood.

Are they anyone in here that owns a airgrabber hood that I can ask some questions when I start trying to get mine all put together and operating? Right now I have the hood and only about 1/2 the parts .......in a box.....lol I have never seen one in person assembled .

Auto Transport Service
Back