• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Problems With Battery Central Mall?

boboh1

Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
I ordered a replica battery from Battery Central Mall seven months ago and still have not received the battery. When I contacted them they keep hiding behind the old supply chain issues excuse. I ordered other batteries from them over the years and it went well those times. Wonder if I got ripped off or has others experienced the same thing with them?

I ordered a replica battery from Battery Central Mall seven months ago and still have not received the battery. When I contacted them they keep hiding behind the old supply chain issues excuse. I ordered other batteries from them over the years and it went well those times. Wonder if I got ripped off or has others experienced the same thing with them?
The supply must be backed up because the same discussion is happening with the Chrysler 300 International Club too. Some said to go to Costco and they can order the 27 series batteries if they don’t have it in stock. It’s cheaper Too! At least that’s my understanding.

Just make sure you get the top post correctly positioned because it was said some of those batteries have the negative & positive terminals reversed. Meaning how the battery is situated under the hood. I hope that makes sense.

Get a black battery, pull the tags and use a kit like @70 SUPERBIRD suggested.

Last edited:
You mention that you fell "ripped off" Did you pay for this battery with a credit card ? A reputable company you order from does not bill your credit card until the item you ordered has shipped.

The supply must be backed up because the same discussion is happening with the Chrysler 300 International Club too. Some said to go to Costco and they can order the 27 series batteries if they don’t have it in stock. It’s cheaper Too! At least that’s my understanding.

Just make sure you get the top post correctly positioned because it was said some of those batteries have the negative & positive terminals reversed. Meaning how the battery is situated under the hood. I hope that makes sense.

Get a black battery, pull the tags and use a kit like @70 SUPERBIRD suggested.
Ford batteries have the + and - posts reversed. Usually marked 27F.

You mention that you fell "ripped off" Did you pay for this battery with a credit card ? A reputable company you order from does not bill your credit card until the item you ordered has shipped.
They charged my credit card right away.

Good luck on having your CC do a chargeback after seven months. I think standard practice is ninety days after a charge hits your statement to do a chargeback.

I bought a Group 27 Duracell from Batteries plus this summer.I got a good discount they had running at the time.

Here a link of the kit l got from that eBay seller.

To be accurate only use the caps as the batteries didn't have the colored type / stickers.

Post in thread 'My 68 Charger - A Work In Progress' My 68 Charger - A Work In Progress

This is the one I used

image.jpg

Tell that to Legendary Interiors. :lol:

I have been in contact with Wayne at Battery Central for several months, and believe that I can shed some additional light on the subject. Battery Central is just, if not more so, as frustrated as we are. Battery Central buys these batteries from a manufacturer in Ohio. I currently have an issue with one of Battery Central's batteries, and have been working towards a resolution for nearly 5 months, with the same response that you receive from Wayne. I have also purchased direct from the manufacturer in the past. Since I knew who the manufacturer was, I contacted them directly (VIA email - they do NOT answer the phone, or normally respond to emails). ONE time, I was lucky enough to get a direct reply (email) FROM THE MANUFACTURER to my issue. I was informed that they are having supply line problems and working to correcting the issue. THAT was all that I have heard, and have had no additional responses from them to any of my last 10 emails. I have spoken with Battery Central, and they are current looking to begin their own manufacturing. I will say that I have purchased Battery Central's batteries for over 15 years, and this is my first real problem, so I honestly believe that the root to the problem does lie with the manufacturer, and because of this, I will be staying with Battery Central - once production begins. Even though there batteries are good, I've lost all faith in the manufacturer at this point. Wayne did assure me that I, and everyone else WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF.

Pretty sure the supplier is Jim's Battery Mfg. who took over for Antique Auto Battery several years ago. I bought a Ford battery directly from him back in 2021 and at that time it seemed like the business was standing on a banana peel.

Auto Transport Service
Back